need some decent hevy action rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slikk03, May 8, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    any advice on a good realy heavy strong realy heavy rod for horsing big flatheads in,

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Rod I quoted above is pretty much a heavy swift water rod, where you need to throw alot of weight. The tip action may be too stiff for a gentle mouthed flathead. The rods I use are classed as a med/heavy, but have tons of backbone with a tip thats still bite sensative.
    Catfish Safari Flathead Rod- $79.99
    8'0" (1pc.) Med.Hvy. Action, Honey color Blank Thru. Handle. 8 SS eyes + Tip, all eyes are double wrapped in green and black color. Has camo para cord grip. Heavy duty graphite reel seat. SS hook keeper. Line Rating; 20-50lb

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    catmax rods are good,I also like the american spirit nite sticks

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    The river rods are great you can see the slightest twitch. The lake rods are tough too and give a little more bend.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well you asked a ? that will get you a lot of different answers. Team Catfish has a rod that they call the one ton thats a heavy action. I myself like the Tiger Stick with ss eyes action is med heavy,50/60 lb . This rod can handle just about any thing you give it. I hope this helps and good luck

6. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Diawa Beef Stick is SUPER TOUGH and only $27. and I mean really strong.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i found what i want, 24 bucks dawa beefstick, thanks for all the tips, but i cant beat the price, im a poor man cant aford all that high doller stuff, exept my reels

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm going to mention the Black and Blue custom rods that WERE made by Randy Harris of Viginia. I'm the proud owner of one of his rods. They tamed many huge Blues and Flatheads with these rods. I've seen videos of his rods being tortured tested, using 20 lb weights, tied and dropped while attached to these rods and they never broke at all!! Talk about backbone!! Anyhow, the kickback is, Randy moved back to California, and I'm not sure if he makes these rods anymore!!

Defienently checkout Catfish Safari rods or Ugly Stick Tiger rods. I'm sure these will tame those monster cats. Also check out our BOC Sponsor Flamekeeper rods. This guy makes some kickbutt rods!! They are really cool!! I'm thinking about purchasing one in the future!!

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Thanks for the comment Mark, and whenever your ready I'll build that Pig Sticker for ya my freind.:wink:

Kenny

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yeah Buddy!! I'll definently let you know!! Hopefully sometime in the fall this year!!

11. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
  12. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I gotta Berkley big game 8foot heavy power series that I call Goliath, I break it out for those big daddys in the mississippi. aint found a big enough fish yet to justify the power.