NEED SOME CURRENT ON THE OHIO RIVER FOR CATFISHING!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by tswebb71, Nov 26, 2008.

1. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Fished the Ohio again today and boy was it dead!!!:eek:oooh: There's NO current. its bad when there is not enough current to overcome a 5mph wind!! I usually fish below the dam (J.T. Myers) where there is a LITTLE current, but today I went above. It was like a lake. Anyone know if there has been any precip upstream?

2. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    In a river it has been our experience, No current = No fish. Best to stay home or fish a local lake.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Very little current in Madison, Had the same problem last weekend, not enough to overcome a 5 mph wind.. We need a 3 ft. raise to livin things up !!!:roll_eyes:

5. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    It's that time of year. Hopefully some rain will come. Hopefully not on the weekends though!:wink: I don't know what happened when I posted this thread. There are two threads and I only posted one!! Oh well.:eek:oooh:

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    well scott we got that current we were wishing for !!! now its only 9 degrees outside!!! i am staying in the house!!!!! :big_smile:

7. haroldlp

haroldlp New Member

State:
    IN

Hey, 9 is a heat wave. Our high today was 4. Of course the ice fishermen on Wawasee are loving it, they already are putting their ice shacks up in the channels.

I'm going to wait for spring, as much as I love to fish I don't chop ice to do it. :big_smile:

8. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL

I know what ya mean!! I am going to try 'er tomorrow. We will see. I just hope the wind is not crazy.:eek:oooh:

9. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    were will you be fishing? i may try below henderson or diamond island.. in the afternoon..

10. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    I got up to go and it was sleeting outside. Needless to say, i didn't want to risk losing a boat, trailer, and truck on a slick ramp. Thus, I went back to bed. I guess I will have to wait til the 26th:confused2::sad2:

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Scott: I think the 26th is looking pretty good, We have some good current in Madison ! Think we will give it a try if the wind will lay down ...:eek:oooh:

12. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    There sure is plenty of current up here on the part of the Ohio I fish.

13. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
  14. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Anyone wants to try the Falls this weekend?

15. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Did you make it out Pat? I hit the river today. It is really up!! I guess I need to be careful what I ask for!! I got skunked. Not a good day on the river. Had one bite all day.:confused2:

16. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i went fishing this morning up at tanners creek in lburg. the river is flowing heavily. i got in behind the barges at the power plant and caught six nice blues. had a bunch of bites. i was useing fresh skipjack caught at the discharges of the plant. and oh yeah they were cut....and hey everyone sorry i havent been on in forever....lifes kinda not going as planned right now. but eventually i will be back full time. and to dr. pepper......maybe this spring or next winter...sorry

17. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    billcatfish and i hit the river for a while today and never wet a line!! about the time we got on the water the wind hit about 25mph and a big ole wave came over the side of the boat and got ol bill a little wet around the collar so we said to hell with it and loaded back up!!!:big_smile:

18. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    That sucks!

19. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    good thing we left when we did ... we had 50mph gusts later in the afternoon...:eek:oooh:

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    just give me a holler bro... I went to Markland with blazerjet a few weeks ago... the water was rough.