Need some advice!

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by kyleco55, Jul 29, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    ok guys, im getting tired of going through 2-4....$30-$40 nets every year.
    Im considering just spending the extra money and buying a nylon net in a 10ft diameter range.. do these last 2-3 times longer than mono? thats the way im figuring it should work out.. if they cost about the same as 3 mono nets, then they should last as long as 3 mono nets.. ill mainly be throwing from the bank in lakes and rivers, but occasionally throw from a boat too.. so i need something to stand up to these conditions

anyone have some good quality nets for me to look into? i dont want to run out and buy the most expensive one on the market, but obviously the cheapest aint working for me!

so c'mon guys throw me some names, maybe some websites to look at ( PM me the info if you want! )

Thanks in advance!:wink:

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Throwin from the bank is a nets kryptonite. But I will say this a nylon net is easier to repair and the repairs hold up better than the mono that tears easier.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Ive always stuck to Bett's if that helps:wink:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Kyle make sure of the laws in your area for cast net size. I use a 3footer an very seldom do I tear one up not that I haven't tho. I try to watch where I am casting it now.

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Wal-Mart cast nets by Laker.
    They are around $25 for the 6' net.
    I get about a month out of these. I will repair them as much as I can, but I really tear them up bad. I use a Bett's that I bought off of Catfish Safari for my open water shad. It is a better net, easier to throw, but I don't want to hang it on the junk I will toss the cheapo's into.