Need Snake boots or Gaiters.

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by Hopper, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Hopper

Hopper New Member

State:
    NC
    After coming across a copperhead the other day while I was fish I decided that I needed to invest in some snake boots or gaiters. Can you make a few recommendations?

Thanks

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Brother,
    My husband just purchased me some snake boots from Sportsman Guide Catalog.They are laceup chippawa 17 inches.I haven't seen a snake thank God as I'm terrifyed of them and he wanted me safe.Cabela's has boots gaiters and chaps.It's all depending on what you want to lay down in the way of money. Good Luck Good Fishin,pk powell:eek:oooh:

3. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I used to wear Rockys but I have a high arch and kept pulling the insides out of the boots getting them off. They are a good boot but not if you have a high arch. I tested them by standing on a timber rattler and watching him bite my foot. Did I mention snakes don't scare me?

I bought the snake boots when I woke up from a nap one spring mornng while turkey hunting. 4 1/2 -13 button timber rattler was crawling to me while I slept on the ground. His skin is now on the wall.

The boots I wear now are from Bass Pro...Redhat something. They zip up the side, which is a lot better than dealing with a lot o laces.

Just make sure you can get them on and off easily and they are comfortable.

Robert

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You don't have to worry about a little ole copper head. Just pick him up and use him for bait, ya big sissy! :big_smile:

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've had the rocky snake boots. They sucked. Mine came completely apart and Rocky wouldn't do anything about it. They said I should't have worn cotton socks with the boots, wool only. Har har har har har. It'd be funnier if it weren't true.

I've got a pair of the redhead snake boots now, and theyre alright. My father in law ordered a pair of Russell snake boots. I firmly believe they're the best snake boots that money can buy. They're amazing. For that kind of money, they oughta be. I've got a pair of russell ph boots & they're nice, but nothing like the snake boots. Those things are awesome.

6. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    When I was young and bullet proofI hunted in Converis Allstars or bare feet then I stept on one of them Florida diamondbacks NOW i USE RUBBER BOOTS AND LEGGINGS FROM CABEBLAS and CHAPS if it's real wet
    BEWELL CR Mule

7. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I have the Redhead Goretex zip up snake boots, and absolutely love them. I wore them turkey hunting this spring, have worn them several times bank fishing, and will wear them for the early part of deer season this year.

8. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    invest in a good pair of boots.