NEED SMOKER CLEANING HELP IDEAS?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by BigBird, Jul 12, 2009.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    i love my masterbuilt smoker. I make killer ribs, pulled pork and chickens. The problem is it takes me forever to clean the grills and pans after.
    Does anyone use PAM? I thought about putting them on the gas grill and burning them off after to help clean them. I clean them with a wire brush but still doesnt clean them as well as I like.
    I have been experimenting with making some new sauces. I particularly like a mustard/vinegar sauce with my pork and a honey/tomato sauce with my ribs and brisket.
    IF you have good recipes for sauce or rubs you want to share shoot me a pm.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I just pressure wash the racks and pan. I use pam. Some times I use an SOS pad if pressure washer not handy. Never clean the inside.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
  4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I clean my racks with a propane torch that you hook up to a 20# bottle and just burn the residue off. it just take 4-5 minutes then I brush the ash off. Every couple of years I replace the racks when they rust out or burn out.

5. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I use a wood smoker pitt but the principle is the same I think. May favorite thing to use is simple green. I scrape off as much excess grease and creosote as I can then coat the inside and outside of the the bbq. Let stand, then rinse. A pressure washer would be nice but I doubt would be necessary. Simple green works, it dissolves grease and is also biodegradable so no harsh chemicals. No, I don't own stock in the company and I'm not a paid endorser! :wink:

:cool2:

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    oven cleaner...soap and water afterwards

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I always spray mine down with pam, Makes cleanup easy and fast. the racks in my Smokin Tex are SS so there not as bad as some to clean. But still spray them down with Pam.
    Pete
    [​IMG]

8. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    If you get the smoker hot, the grates/grills will clean up easy with a brush. You've got to make quick passes with the brush though.... and gloves help...

I've used oven cleaner too and it works fairly well.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't clean mine,:wink: My wife takes care of that chore,she scrubs em in the sink,then runs them through the scalding water sanitize process in the dish washer. The inside of the smoker ,I just turn up the heat for a few hrs,the coating is a seasoning imo,and just gets better with age,As long as ya get it over 300* to kill any roaming bacteria it dont hurt a thing.