Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me where a good spot close to south knoxville for catching skipjack would be? any dam in particular that seems to have a healthy population?

Premium Member
I can't help you much from up here Quinton but welcome to the USCA forum. The forum slows down a little during the colder weather so give your post a little time.

tight lines

Registered
Welcome, I think you are going to like it here. I can't be of much help as I only skip fish Ky and Barkley Dams. If there is an unusually warm spell in Feb. we have had some good days but for the most part we don't really start filling the coolers until late March to mid April depending on the weather and water flow. Folks from all over the U.S. on this site bet someone will have some better information for you shortly.

Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
Welcome to the Hood!!!! check out steve douglas videos on you tube he's a jack man

Registered
I am going to venture to say the skippies are going to go into the normal winter patterns and start moving into the warm water discharge out of the steam plants real soon. Closest one to you is going to be Kingston but I've never tried it there.

Registered
I can report after a long day of fishing both sides of the river, no skipjack are to be found under Old Hickory Dam right now :(

I think I'll be taking a trip to Cumberland City as soon as I hear a report they're in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts