need skipjack?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by TheMadCatter, Apr 13, 2009.

1. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    on craigslist there is a real nice guy selling it, its from the tn. river, and they are pretty good sized bags. this stuff can get hard for some of us to find, so if you looking for some he has got some decent sized bags for 10 bucks.
    i have paid 12.50 (in a pinch) for less than what hes got for 10. i believe they are supposed to be 4 pound bags but mine were more like 4.75 pounds. its roughly $2.50 per pound, and for those of us who cant catch them it might help.
    so any way go on craigslist st. louis and type in "catfish bait", and you will have it.
    good luck out there.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Branden I appreciate your post.:smile2:

3. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    brandon thanks for the info and the hook up i talked to jim today and im meeting him in columbia SATURDAY IM PICKING UP 30 BAGS FROM HIM:wink:

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :crazy::eek:oooh:you should be set on skipjack for a day or two Steve lol

5. Snagman23

Snagman23 Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sam
    i was wondering if there were any skipjack fishing opportunities around the st. louis area? Alton lock and dam? anywhere on the Missouri? the only place i have seen them for sale frozen is at Busch Wildlife(they have their own bait shop now), but i haven't really looked anywhere else. at busch they cost $7.50 for a bag that had about a 12 incher and a 6 incher in it- not really sure what it weighed, but not very much.

6. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    you should talk to this guy, as far as i know skipjack arent that plentiful here. as it has been told to me, most people seem to go to TN and catch a buch of it, freeze it and come back. at least thats what this guy does.

7. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    i actually picked up 43 bags a little bird and i went to get it sat.:wink: bags have some pretty big skippys in then i weighed some when i got home and several of the bags weighed 5.5 to 5.75 each we did good i think got them hope and sealed ameal them burgers per the little bird from what i can figure i have about 180lbs of skippy i think i;ll have a sandwhich so after the bags my freind got i have about 34 bags jims had some pretty good product thanks jim:wink: