Need Skip Jack in Kentucky

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by DELLIS, Mar 19, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    anybody know a good spot for somw skip jack

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dan: April 8th we are all meeting at Kentucky dam at the Pellican to eat breakfast and then heading out fishing for skips, go to the gathering section on the board and look under Uncle sci-fi get together.

3. stinkybill

stinkybill New Member

State:
    ok & ky
    can aney one go .?

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes you are more than welcome to come to this meeting. This is a members fuction and it looks to me like you are a member, LOL!!! Come on down and enjoy the festivities. All you have to do is be there!!!

5. shorebound1

shorebound1 New Member

State:
    Cynthiana, Kentucky
    I'll be down there the 6-10 crappie fishing. We are staying at Ken Bar lodge which is real close to the dam. Maybe I can swing in and meet some new members.

6. Bigunz

Bigunz New Member

Where are you located in Ohio Dan??? I get all my Skipjack below Markland Dam in Indiana........a little bit of a drive for me but well worth it!! I throw em' on ice and vacuum pack them then freeze them, I know fresh is better but vacuum packed and frozen is next in line compared to NO skippies!!!!!! :rolleyes:

7. Skipjack73

Skipjack73 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey fellas, I'm heading down your way the day after Easter. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the skipjack lunch today. But I hope to be able to catch some the day I get there so y'all let me know how ya did.Oh and save some for me.Hope I don't miss the good bite. We were down there this time last year and it was amazing.Have fun and good luck.:)

8. claycntyjoe

claycntyjoe New Member

State:
    Northern Kentucky
    Dan If you are close to Cincy either dam will work Markland or Foster/Meldahl. Sabiki's work great at both. I usually use a small casting float with mine also if they are really tearing up the surface.

9. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    from what i hear on the kentucky side of the meldahl dam is a good place to round up a bunch of skipjacks

10. billsbengals

billsbengals New Member

State:
    cincinnati
    we fished the kentucky side of the meldahl dam 3 or 4 times last year all we caugh was the smaller ones 6in or so. going to try again in a week or 2 hope for some bigger ones. will let you know how we do

11. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    they are stacked below dams right now