Need setup info!! :)

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Bigballer, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well just came across this site yesterday and thought I would join. For some reason the other site I was on is no more. Hadn’t been on there in a couple months but guess they decided to shut it down. Oh well. Well last year my brothers and I invested in a nice 24’ SeaArk. It is 8’ wide at the back and has plenty of room. Funny thing is on the other web site I could hardly find anyone with a SeaArk and now on here seems like it’s the boat of choice. Well I am wanting to get it decked out and ready to go for this spring. The one thing I am looking to do is get a setup on the back for say 6 poles. I want to be able to anchor the boat and fish out the back basically like everyone else is doing. We do most our fishing on the Wabash here in Indiana. We have never really had a boat big enough to walk around in while fishing so most of the times we just held our own poles. Well with this new boat we are able to cook eat and sleep on this bad boy. But I want to get something designed on the back that will hold our poles. I think I have the rod holders ordered and want to design a bar that goes across the back that I can screw these into. Would gladly take an pictures that you guy’s have to see how I need to make this. This boat does have a rear console but I don’t think that would get in the way of any designs I’m looking at. Thanks for the help and info guy’s and glad to have a place to be able to ask questions. J
    BB

2. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    From one BB to another, WELCOME to the BOC from sunny South Carolina! Here's what you need on your Sea Ark. I made mine from scrap stainless steel. I welded 1/2 inch stainless nuts to the bar and mounted 8 Driftmaster 1/2 inch Pro Duos on it.

BB in SC

Attached Files:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Aaron.

5. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
  6. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    what model of the 24' did ya get" 3* MV hull? or the 15* hull
    I got the 2472 CUB model with a 200+ on the back

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC Aaron. You will find everything you need here.

8. KY_465

KY_465 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC Aaron

9. grandpa7

grandpa7 Member

State:
    alabama
    Welcome to the BOC Aaron. You'll find more info on here then you can possibly remember.

10. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Welcome Aaron ! Heres some pics of mine. I made my rack out of scrap aluminum from the bone yard where I work, and painted to match boat. Put the side rails on for extra rod holders on each side, plus cupholders ect. Pretty comfy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  11. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC. A 24 Foot Sea ARk might be a little too much boat for the Wabash. I fish the Wabash near Vincennes in a 1760 Roughneck and sometimes in the summer the river is too low to get around. That's a sweet boat for the Ohio!

12. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Aaron welcome to the BOC brother and I know you will get way more help than you expected!

Buddy those are some good pics man and thanks for sharing the info.

13. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Here is a pic of the one I made.I also have a build list on the thread link mentioned earlier in this post.Good luck with whatever you decide on.That sea ark should be a great boat to fish out of.
    [​IMG]

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY