Need SABIKI & KAHLE help

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by peewee williams, Mar 11, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    First,how do you pronounce the names? Second question is.How do you store your Sabiki Rigs between fishing trips after you use them? Do they hang or spread better if you hang them up for a few days before use.I need any and all info,as I now have some,but have never used them.I bought the largest size I could find (#14),as I am going to try them on American shad.

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Sabaki-sa-ba-kee

kahle-kale

I use a 1/4 to 1/2 oz. bass casting sinker on the bottom of the sabaki,this straightens it out no problem

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Store um? How do you take them out of the package? lol! The only way I have been abel to reuse one is if I leave it on the rod, with last hook in the handle! I dont really like to do that though, because of pets and small children that love to play with my gear! I tried various "chaw cans", film containers, ect, but nothing worked really well! It's easier to make one, then un-tangle one! My Two Cents!

4. augila

augila New Member

State:
    Texas
    Use a piece of 1/2 " PVC with a cap on each end, make it long enough so that the Sabiki can hang straight with one end about 1" out of the end, put the cap on and it is safely stored.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    I agree, they can make you crazy trying to keep them untangled. I use 2 methods (depending on how lazy I'm feeling):1. I cut out a piece of cardboard (maybe 3" x4" ), make little slots in the top & bottom, and then rewind it on that. Then put the cardboard in a baggie so that the hooks don't get tangled with other stuff; or 2. Just throw the rig in the baggie without the cardboard. Sometimes, I just make one up with 3 little crappie jigs, and when I'm done with it just cut the jigs off, put 'em back in the box, and throw the line away in the trash. Guess that's option #3 :)

6. rockk

rockk New Member

State:
    E.C,florida
    i took a peice of pvc pipe and flared out one end. zip tied and duct taped it to an old rod with no eyes right in front of my zebco. run line thru the pipe. it doesn't get tangled up no way near as bad. just reel sabiki rig up inside the pipe until lead is against the end of the pipe. if the lead is too small put a cork on the line. flare goes on the end

7. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    I got the idea somewhere just don't remember where ...... what i use to store sabiki rigs is take one of them "noodles" the kids use in swimmin pools, cut it to length {length of sabiki} cut slit long ways all the way down on one side of the "noodle" then all ya have to do is spread it open and insert the sabiki rig...only problem i have found is the hook stick to the foam and ya gotta sit their and pick all the hooks out , its not a real big problem tho takes a few seconds to remove hooks from foam....also you can tape a piece of wire to the end of the noodle, bend the wire to hook on the eye and you can store sabikis on your rod with the sabikis in the "noodle"...i like the PVC idea as well, i have a bit of PVC left over i may try that with...but the noodles are only about a buck a piece or you can use that water pipe insulation.....hope this helps ya.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    This is the way I pronunce the two, I may be wrong but peopble seem to know what I am referring.

Sabiki===say-bee-key

Kahle====Kay-lee

9. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Deltalover,
    They come packed with 2 swivels at the top,barrel swivel-ties to main line and a swivel to add yer weight.Take out the barrel swivel a bit and tie to yer line.Then,slowly let out the rest out of package.

I seen alotta guys use the pvc pipe to store sabiki rigs and other rods and prolly the best way.I simply leave the weight on and wrap a hook around one of the eye rings on the rod.Works fine except if i am storing it alongside other rods,then it tends to tangle a bit.
    If ya store em in the boat i'd go with the pvc,at home i'd just leave it hooked to the rod with the weight still on iy.

I dunno if they would werk on shad???????
    maybe the smaller ones.I used em for white bass before and worked great.They was about 4-8 inches.Shad around here get to be 20 plus inches and sabikis don't work,ya may snag one but thats about it.
    Alot of guys use shad darts but i prefer flutter spoons for shad.

LMAO
    is it water or wudder?
    WHAA-TER WOOD-R

How do you say relief?
    Plop plop,fizz fizz .......

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I want to thank every one for the help.If anyone out there thinks of anything else,please let me know.peewee-williams

11. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    I'm using a piece of plastic that looks like cardboard. It has a name, just can't remember it. CRS
    A lot of it used around here as small signs. The wire stand can be used as a rod lean, don't waste a thing.

12. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Kahle hooks = kale
    Knight = k-night
    Knife = k-nife