Need Rod Rack

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Puddycat, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    I just got my new boat and I want to have an aluminum rod rack built on the back. Does anyone know where I can get some aluminum fabrication done in the Clarksville area. I want to built almost an exact replica of "Daves Rod Rack" in the BOC library. Any help is appreciated.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ernest I don't know about Clarksville but there is a large machine shop in Paducah Ky. He does a lot of Auminum work. Ingrams Sheet Medal and Machine Shop. He is located on 2nd or 3rd street. I don't have his phone number on hand. If you need this let me know and I will try to obtain it for you.Just Send me a PM.

3. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    Thanks for the info. mickey. I should be able to find someone more local. Paducah is about 90 mi. from me.

4. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    congratulations on getting a new boat and may many fish jump in your boat.

5. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee

You need to talk to "Michael" he fishes the Cumberland frequently and has the most awsome/professional rig I have seen. He and his uncle, I belive it was, built it. A very nice set up. Mike has plenty of other good ideas on his boat as well.

6. Flathead

Flathead New Member

State:
    Palmyra, TN.
    You can get the fabrication done at Langford's on Kraft St.in Clarksville I worked there for several years,they do a good job with Alum.

Carrol Wickham

7. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    When I lived in Clarksville that was the place.Just take your Idea and they will do it

8. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    I can't find "Dave's Rod Rack" in the library. Can someone post a link?

9. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Thanks for the complement on my rod rack Brian.
    puddycat is my fish partner and likes my rod rack but the one he wants built is really nice too similar to mine but alot lighter

10. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ernest, on Kraft Street there is a place called Langford's Welding and Fabrication. They have welded my pontoons for me. Might give them a try. There is an aluminum fabrication place in Nashville. I'll send a PM for that one.

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i went to a sawmill and got what i needed 2"x3" white oak. sanding it gunnu stain and varnish it . puttin together with stainless nuts and bolts and puttin 4 downeast salty rodholders on it. im in the process of doin it right now . ihope to get pictures on here when its done:smile2: