Need quick Red River advice

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by kyzzerr, Mar 29, 2007.

1. kyzzerr

kyzzerr New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Hey Guys,
    This is my 1st post on here, I need some advice on red river around Shreveport. I have people in from out of town and we want to go run some jugs, last week I did real good just south of Jimmie Davis bridge. But now the river is Stained/muddy south of 12 mile bayou, but clear north of there. Should I go back to the same spot or go north to the clear water, or maybe try caddo lake which is proably muddy also? we are going tonight, any suggestions will help. thanks

2. Mudcatrick

Mudcatrick New Member

State:
    LA
    My buddy and i jugged last night and we did great right under the Jimmie davis just be careful of the barges there just past there

3. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Eric welcome to the BOC, keep your boots on, and your pants leg rolled up, cause the B.S. gets deep in here.

4. chadf

chadf New Member

State:
    Bossier, La
    whats the water lvl like. been on vacation the past week and heard the river is up a ft or 2.

5. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Looking to find out myself Chad. I'm going to be on the river Sunday morning bright and early. Think that we'll set out from Teagues.

Welcome to the site.

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    We're looking at Sat. also. Not sure of the wind.

7. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im new to here to, i'm too lazy to find out on my own how to post a pic for my photo, so what's the easy way, if anyone knows, i'm sure i can figure it out

8. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Grand-
    Welcome to the BOC! If you go to the Quick Links below your welcome near the top you can edit profile. Within that is Edit Avatar. That is your picture. There are certain pixel limits on sizes but I'm sure it will reject pic if too large. You can adjust using sizing options within photo editing programs. Lots of BOC folks use IrfanView which is a very versatile free download. You need to edit the size of your posted pics and this program makes it very easy. Good luck.