Need quick help on fiery hot chicken wings

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by hopnbrly, Dec 31, 2005.

1. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Well its new years eve and fire hot wings have always been a tradition for me for new years eve and my usual source of wings isnt available.Are there any good recipes available out there?

2. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    got some in the oven right now. i put the oven on 375, put the wings in a baking pan, sprinkle cajun seasoning. when they start to get a little crispy , bout an hour, take a stick of butter in a big bowl, melt it in the microwave add a whole bottle of louisiana hot sauce. shake the wings around in the sauce. if you want them hotter, put the wings back in the pan, bake till sauce starts to dry, shake in sauce again. better grilled but don't have time today. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

3. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Season your wings before you fry them with some cayenne and garlic powder. Mix up a suace with butter, hot sauce of choice, and some crushed red pepper flakes (to taste). Pretty basic recipe, but it works for me. Good luck.

4. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Throw some habernero pepper in the mix. I guarantee things will heat up considerably...Lol. Keep in mind that a small piece in a whole bowl of BBQ sauce will be plenty after you chop it up and stir. Keep your cold beer close at hand...you'll be needing it if you cook with habernero.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Fill out your profile and put up a pic, I'll tell ya exacly how I do it and its
    gooooooooooooood.. LOL:D

Happy New Year.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Order you some Rattlesnake Dust and Jalepeno Dusted from TSS. I deep fry my wings and get em nice and crispy. Then pat them off with Paper Towls to dry em. Then melt some butter, add Rattlesnake and Jalepeno Dusted to the mix. Toss the wings and you have some nice hot, hot, hot (but with great flavor) wings to eat.

7. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks guys amd gals,after I combined your ideas and my ancient memories I actually pulled it off.The wings were actually good,And my profile now has been posted and in just a bit the pic will be up,

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    hopnbrly, thanks for the profile. Good job.:thumbsup:
    Now you are ready to enjoy BOC to its fullest. Welcome to the greatest site on the net.
    If we can get catwacker to follow your lead, that would be great. ;)

I do hot wings 2 ways. One is lazy but they are very good. I get em off a swans truck who delivers to my house.:p They are ready for grilling and dang good. The other way is, from the good folks of BOC, All of the above works great for me and taste great but I add tabasco on em. They be good. I never eat without it. LOL.

Check out the recipe section, ( Jens) and take a look at TSS and members recipe section of BOC. Lot of good stuff. Warning, you might become one of the best cooks around. LOL

Again, welcome to BOC. Happy New year and I hope your best fishing comes in 2006. :D