Need Pontoon Rim Bad

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Jul 10, 2008.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I am looking for a 5 on 5 1/2 pontoon rim,I had a blowout going to Wateree last weekend and before I could safely pull over the rim broke,takes a 20.5 x 8.0 x 10 tire,just a 5 1/2 lug pattern,I have been to 3 dealers here in Rock Hill and all told me that they could no longer get them now that the industry standard was now 5 on 4 1/2,so i will take a new or used rim if anyone knows anyone who may have one,I need it pretty bad as I now have no spare.
    I will change out the hubs before long to the 4 1/2 lug pattern but I need something to get me by till then if I can,any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Marty you can check with Tractor Supply. They might have one or can get ya one. I'll also check here to see what I can find.:wink:

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Marty try northern tool and equip.

4. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I have talked to 3 different Trailor Dealers and they all tell me you can no longer get that lug pattern,my trailor is a 99 Tracker Trailstar,seems like to me that is too new to be obselete but they are,I am hoping someone has a used one laying around to sell,I am gonna change over hubs to the 4 1/2 as soon as i can,I cant be without something reliable and common as much as I travel with that pontoon,I may even lookinto going to a Tandem axle from the trailor builders here in town,I am gonna take it out there and see what the change over on the hubs will run and may check into the Tandem axle

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Marty send me a PM with your mailing addey. I have one. I ran into the same problem and I changed out my hubs already and I have a couple those wheels left. They are telling you right, you won't find them in any store. You can change the hubs out yourself from tractor supply with the cost of the hubs at about 50 bucks apeice but then you have to buy new wheels also.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    had the same problem w/my 96 trailer, can't get them anywhere, couldnt find one salvage either-I will have to change over soon I guess, for now I put 2 new tires & hope for the best--farthest I've gone is 45 miles, so not too far but pushing it w/out a spare I know!!!!

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i think bigcatgarryeads just ran into this problem also....

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tracker trailers have always been known for these kind of things. Most of the time with a Tracker Trailer the parts have to come from them alone and like you said it is not unccommon for them to discontinue stuff only after a few years. That was 1 thing I made sure of when looking at a pontoon was waht kinda trailor it had. I am glad someone has 1for you. You gotta love the BOC it is better than Ebay for rare finds.:smile2:

9. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Amen to that James,it will be greatly appreciated if it works out,I never would have thought that a 99 model trailor parts would be discontinued,I will surely remember that in future purchases

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    did you ever find a rim for your trailer? i didnt even think about it but its not hard or expensive to change the hubs to a more available[common] bolt pattern..

11. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    yes I have one now Thanks to Bubbakat,I have already checked into changing over the hubs and all,I am going to use this rim untill tournament season is over and change out the hubs and rims in the Fall,thanks for the replys