Need "PINKIE" rod and reel combo for Valentine's Day present

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by festus, Jan 21, 2010.

1. festus

festus New Member

My girlfriend is pink crazy. She has a huge curio cabinet in her office full of pink stuff. Pink footballs. Pink binoculars. Pink bottles of wine. Pink everything. Even her license plate is pink. I want to get her a pink spinning combo for Valentine's Day. She has a 4 acre pond outside her office, 20' deep, full of HUGE bream and largemouth bass and a few channel cats. She would love it simply because it's pink and she'll probably leave it at her office.

I looked at some Ugly Stick combos, but they are a little too light. Pflueger makes a Lady Trion outfit for $59.99, I think I want this for her. It's 6'10" long, 1 piece rod, medium action. Reel is 11.2 oz and holds 145 yds of 8 lb test. She's a tall girl (5'9") so she will definitely be able to handle this outfit. I haven't read a bad review yet. Has anyone bought a member of the female gender this combo, or any other pink combo and is it a good rig to use?

Female anglers will hit the water with new confidence knowing that their Pflueger Lady Trion Spinning Rod and Reel was specifically designed for female anglers. This well-matched combo features a stylish pink reel equipped with premium features and a sensitive rod with an ergonomically designed cork handle which delivers a more comfortable, women-friendly grip.

Reel:
    Six stainless steel ball bearings
    Instant anti-reverse one-way clutch bearing
    Anodized aluminum spool with titanium spool lip for added protection
    Lightweight graphite body and rotor
    Sure-Click™ bail

Rod:
    IM-8 graphite construction for lightweight and increased sensitivity
    Stainless steel frames with aluminum oxide inserts
    Lightweight graphite reel seat
    Ergonomically designed cork handle for comfortable grip
    Stainless steel double foot hook keeper

2. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    bought my girl 2 pink combos since she loves pink, cant remember the models off the top of my head but will repost when I get home. One is a MH Shakespere combo, the other is pink and the reel lights up lol

3. festus

festus New Member

Ramon, hat one the reel lights up might be a Zebco. I got one of the big yellow and black Hawg Seeker combos last fall for practically nothing that has the flashing lights. Only used it once but got a 5 lber off it from the bank

4. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    No I'm not talking about the Hawgseeker, I've had one of those for a few years now and they dont come in pink. 1 is the Shakespere Pink/White 7' MH Lady Pink Big Water Combo. It came spooled with Mono dont know the line wt. The second is a 7' M action Roddy Hunter Combo, as you turn the handle the reel lights up rainbow colors, it also came spooled with mono but I dont know the line wt on that one either. She likes them though

5. festus

festus New Member

Wow, I wish I'd looked into the combo with the flashing rainbow lights! Too bad, I already ordered the Pflueger. Maybe I can get her one of those Roddy Hunter's for her birthday or Christmas.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    not too bad you ordered the pflueger, its a good thing you ordered the pflueger they are the sheit. if that other reel is what im thinking, roddy, it is a piece of sheit :poop:

7. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, the combo doesn't have to be anything special. She will be fishing off the dock at the pond during her lunch break for bluegill, carp, largemouth, or what is biting most of the time. During the spring, she might fish a couple of times with tandem jigs for yellow and white bass and crappie. A couple times of year it might be used for stocked trout.

8. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    I understand about the quality of the roddy, its nice but no big dawg, heck I wouldnt even have gotten it, but as soon as she saw the pink combo she grabbed it turned the handle and she wasnt taking no for an answer lol. It was funny because I took her and our little girl crappie/bass/gill fishing and my little girl caught all the fish that day on her spiderman pole and all she would say is: Mom all your rod does is light up, mine catches fish lmao.

So the roddy hunter is great for bass, panfish and eaters, she has the MH Shakespere combo if she wants to catch 10LBs but I think it could get in a 30 but nothing 40 and up unless I swap out the line. he doesnt fish with me often anyway and its good for what she uses it for.

Oh by the way they do have a Ming Yang CL60 in Pink now, im thinking of ordering her one and put it on a Nice Rod for when I get my boat. Its only $36.99

9. nitrofreq

nitrofreq New Member

State:
    iowa
    my wife wanted a new rod and reel and i was trying to talk her into the pflueger lady trion combo. she didnt really want pink. she saw the bass pro lady lite combo at bass pro and wanted the periwinkle combo. so i picked that up for her last weekend. it seems to be a good rod and reel. it will make a nice walleye rod for her.

cody.