Need partner for Saturday

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by skwerl, Apr 24, 2009.

1. skwerl

skwerl New Member

State:
    sc
    Need partner for Saturday, as the title says. Will be launching out of Rocks Pond around 1400-1500. I have a 19ft boat rigged just for catting. I've caught an over 20lber the last two times I was out(two and three weeks ago). I plan on fishing the canal in the evening, around 16 island first until 1800 then we'll move to the canal. The boat is super comfortable for 2 people(although not pretty, it is 100% functional). I have a 128qt cooler, but almost always practice CPR. There will be beer drinking involved as it's an overnight trip and we will be sober in the AM. I also bring a portable DVD player and watch movies while waiting for a bite. Not looking for someone who's squeamish about cussing and that sort; I'm a (soon to be retired) military guy and it's just my nature. All you need to bring are snacks and beer of choice. I've got 8 rods and frozen shad that I caught and bagged myself, the right way.
    I don't have many, if any, posts under this username. I had a ton before they changed over to the new forum style under Catfishe, relating to this lake and lakes Arrowhead and Texoma in Texas.
    I'm looking at a return to dock around 1200 on Sunday, unless they're still biting, or we run out of bait.
    Open invitation to any individual from the BOC. Send me a PM with your number and I'll call you in the AM around 0900, or later if you request and can still meet the launch time.
    Think of it as a lottery!! You Sir, could be the winner!

2. skwerl

skwerl New Member

State:
    sc
    Forgot to add to please post here first, then PM. I've got two windows open, let this serve as a reminder to me to check my PM's.

No takers yet? I've sat on the shore or dock so many times and, when I saw someone launch a boat by themselves, and go fishing I got kind of bothered. Why didn't he take some one else? I must admit a little poor planning on my part--to some extent. I don't know if I'll be going out until Thursday and I read the forecast. All the people I owe trips to, and all the regulars had plans. The fact remains that I AM going out; and I would like a partner. I practice CPR, and don't want to drop the fish into the floor of the boat to take a picture; it takes way too much of the slime off of 'em to do that.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Dang....I curse, drink beer, Cpr, watch DVD's while bank fishing ( sometimes ). Sounds like we would have got along great, LOL.

If I lived close enough I sure would have took ya up on the offer. Gonna be a bad weekend to bank fish so I'm prolly gonna be sittin home ; (

Wish yas good luck....be waitin on a report ; )

-Jim-

4. skwerl

skwerl New Member

State:
    sc
    SCcatfishing is meeting up with me. Looking forward to a good day/night on the water.

5. skwerl

skwerl New Member

State:
    sc
    Got back this morning. It's the first time someone has done better than me in my boat.

David caught two good blues, a 16 and a 35lber, there might have been more but that's all that's worth remembering. The big fish was caught on a bream head.

I caught a gar. One small gar.

Still, we had a great time and will do it again someday soon.

6. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's the BOC at work. Getting us catfishermen together. Ya'll should swing over to Black's Camp and fish with the Pee Dee Catmasters Sat (may 2) morning. It's gonna be fun.