Need Ohio bait info

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathead man, May 8, 2007.

1. flathead man

flathead man New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've beet told that bull heads are #1 for big flatties in lakes and rivers where both live dose anyone know if this is true? Or had luck with them? How do u rig them,and fish them in what area ?

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i do like bullheads, and use them quite often. i use a variety of baits as long as they are very lively. i really like smallmouths and green sunfish. creek chubs are a fav. if going for channels or flatties. i guess i use whatever is accessible at the time. most of the flats i have caught on the bullheads are usually always over 10 pounds. i do prefer bigger baits, but have caught 20 pound plus fish on baits as small as 4 inches. so i think anything will work as long as it is kickin. goodluck

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Will! I have used them and they work well. They seem to stay very active on the hook. I hook mine just below the rear of the dorsal fin. Just make sure your hook is large enough to stay exposed.

4. flathead man

flathead man New Member

State:
    ohio
    do you know of any good places on clendening or tappan i can get to from shore?

5. flathead man

flathead man New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thank you beetle,
    I'am gonna get bought 3 dz. were gonna fish clendening iam gonna fish 1 rod bullhead and another a bluegill and see what produces the most thax for the info

6. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    tappen has quite a few places from shore to fish.
    clendening has about six or maybe ten along rt 799, be early to find one.
    good luck
    elwood:smile2: