Need Odyssey Hospice knowledge & help!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by peewee williams, Feb 21, 2007.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Has anyone used or had any dealings with the "Odyssey"hospice folks.I am getting to where my wife may need some help with me before long and these folk help in the home.I don't know a thing about them and I am trying to find out all that I can.I need folks with a personal knowledge of them if possible.Does anyone out there know of a Hospice that takes you fishing?This is what I really need,Heh,heh!I really would rather croak on or beside the river or creek than looking out the window thinking about it.Thanks.I love you Brothers and Sisters,peewee

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Peewee the only dealings I had with Hospice wasnt happy time per se. Both times they were there they were helpfull but they wouldnt take my Dad fishing with me. My Mother in Law they were there for support of the family.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    PeeWee, I don't know about Odyssey, but I am learning about hospices really quickly as my wife is part of starting one up here in Tulsa. 1st things first, hospices are NO LONGER just for those who are dying. They are for anyone who need assistance. When looking for a hospice, find one that has a good reputation. Do NOT pre sign the forms they have you sign at each visit. A lot of times, the nurse aides or nurses will try and get you to pre-sign a weeks worth of visit papers and then not show up and write down that you refused care that day. If the people who come to your house don't feel like family, ask for someone else. If they don't see things that need doing and do them without asking, ask for someone else. I'll see if my wife can get on this evening and answer any general questions that you may have.

YES!!!! Hospices have to have volunteer hours to maintain their Medicare eligibility. Let them know that you would be interested in a volunteer taking you fishing and they can look for one for you. Heck, 3 of my wifes patients would like to go so I am trying to find a good location that they can access easily to fish.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a blessing it would be if there was someone out there who would take our "Beloved" PeeWee Fishing! I personally have had this on my mind all day wondering if there was anyway we the BOC could honor this request!:big_smile:

5. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have more offers than I am ables.There are several fine members near me on here,neighbors and my son who offer.The thing is that my body controls me and all of my activity.I often plan,but never know until the last minute if I can go.Thank you for thinking about me though.I have been on a long journey with my life and as it ends I am trying to make it easier on all that love me if I can.I have and am still having a wonderful trip.I have lived!God has allowed me to live a wonderful and unbelievable life.Far better than any work of fiction that I have ever read.I have lived and experienced so much of what so many have and are still searching for.I often laugh until I cannot stand the pain at these reality shows.People know so little of what is real in this world.It is far easier to believe a myth.I have lately thought of and wondered if I had enough hair left for a "Rain Forrest" haircut as these kids call them now days.I earned the right to wear one 45 years ago,and then your life depended on your right to wear one.My life has been far better than I had any right to expect,and all of you have helped make it so in my last years.Every time it has gotten rough or more than I could handle,all of you and the Lord have been right there.You all are my family too.I love you Brothers and Sisters.Several have asked for my phone number.Any one is welcome to and can phone me at (912)653-4726.I go off line from 9 to 9:30 pm.for phone calls as I have dial up.peewee

6. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    hey peewee....my girlfriend has alot of dealings with hospice concidering she works for a doc. and her own family is in a hospice program here in ohio...if you would like i could have her give you a call and maybe put some answers to some of your questions...if so pm me and as soon as she is home which will be in about a hour ill give you a call

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    PeeWee you know all you have to do is say the word and the boat is on the way. I will be over some time this weekend to fix a couple of things for ya.

8. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC

had a great ph conversatoion w/PeeWee his phone number is 912/653-4726. He sounds Grea! I need his attitude abt life.

9. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Some how I got my phone number wrong on here.flaboy was kind enough to change it for me to the correct one (912)653-4726.I hope I can get the moderators to change the bad one.I do thank each of you who have called.It has really made my day.I know that it cost you money and time that you could be doing things that you need to do.Same for the PM's.As for the ones that visit.Well each time I think I done died and gone to heaven.Gator spent over 5 hours with me last Sunday and he has to drive about 80 miles round trip.Mr.Dunbar has offered to take me fishing in a PM he sent a good while back.I have yet to answer him,as I just don;t know how.You people don;t have any idea how much you affect me.When you really get to me with your caring,I often choke up and cain;t get anything out and just act like a ill mannered dunce.I don;t know why,but I can choke up and cry with feeling,and cain;t talk or post.I mean time after time too.Just thinking about you all now is getting me choked up.Mrs Wanda has just fed me Fried Green Tomatoes and is now gnawing at the bit to give me a bath like I am a little kid.I get the full treatment now.She don;t miss anything,from scrubbing me behind the ears to powdering my behind.I some times get resentful because I cain;t always do for my self and then I think of the people who have no one to willingly do for them and have no friends like I have with all of you.Please share yourselves with others as you have with me.You can not possibly know how valuable you are to others.I never knew until I got in this situation.There are many more out there that would give anything to have friends like you.There are also many that don;t know that they need you.I once thought that I needed no one.I love You Brothers and Sisters.Thank you.peewee

10. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yea! I know.Thanks!I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee