Need No-Snag sinkers made.

Discussion in 'Sinker Making Institute' started by Turtleracer, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Turtleracer

Turtleracer New Member

State:
    Upper So. Cal.
    NEED HELP!!! I am in need of someone who has a "No-Snag" mold who lives in the Inland Empire area who could mold some sinkers for me. I have not been able to find the sinkers around my area. I have a FEW LBS of lead and would be willing to make someone very good offer, in exchange for molding me some sinkers.

Craig

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho

Attached Files:

3. Turtleracer

Turtleracer New Member

State:
    Upper So. Cal.
  4. Turtleracer

Turtleracer New Member

State:
    Upper So. Cal.
    Thanks Lawrence,

What I am looking for are the two styles that you have indicated. I do most of my Catfishing in the Aquaduct here. For those who may not know it is like a cement river. The water can be moving quite fast (about 15 knots) or can be moving a little slower (about 2 knots) depending on if the gates are open or partially closed. There is sometimes unknown stuff in the bottom from grass to cars. The water is from 20 to 30 feet deep and the distance from side to side varies 30 to 50 ft. wide.

I usually use 2 - 3oz. egg sinkers that I have flattened and drilled the thru hole out to open it back up.

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I got egg sinker mold, 1,2,3,4,5, oz. some folks take em and put em on a line so they snake over stuff. I'm not far from ya, about 10 miles from Temecula.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Craig, I'd recommend you keep checking in your area. If all else fails, I have the no-roll mold for the 3, 4 and 5 ounce sinkers. Also have bank sinkers from 3/8 ounce up to a pound, but they don't hold well in current. Got smaller no-snag which go up to about an ounce. In all, I have something like 18 molds and I'd be happy to pour what you need for just price of lead (.75 per pound in OKC) plus postage, around $7.80 I think.