need musical equipment help!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trippyclwn, Dec 19, 2005.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    hi yall, i was just needing to know if any of you could tell me a website that sells good used or cheap new multi-effects guitar pedals and thei ac adapters for running them?

i tried looking at samash.com and musiciansfriend.com but neither had a good selection or anywhere near my price range lol i need one for the bass guitar but i can always use a good guitar pedal too lol

thanks yall and have a Merry Christmas

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    about the only thing i could offer in help is your local music store and newspaper and ebay. i just picked up a couple of boss pedals myself well the wife did she found them at the local flea market got them both for 20 with adapters and cables and they both work fine

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    hey trippy this might help.....

www.musichotbid.com

or of course you can try some of the ebay stores....... :) That's where my dad got alot of his stuff from. My dad owns a guitar shop. as well as a coffee house, and a bar. Hope this help's :)

4. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    kat bro that is an awesome site thanks bro!!!!!!!!!
    i have thought of ebay but i treat ebay kinda like a pawn shop lol if you buy something in most pawn shops and walk outside and it stops working oops your out of your money and they made money selling you crap. does ebay guarantee there merchandise? so that you wont have that problem? just wondering and MUTT thanks bro i might actually see about the flea markets around here i am also gonna try finding one at unclaimed baggage it is a place that sells things the airlines find after flights i have seen them selling acoustic guitars so its not like they wouldn't have effects pedals lol

anyways thanks bros im definately gonna check into all of these places and try to find one i have a zoom 505 original effects pedal for the guitar and it has served me pretty well so i was gonna try to find a bass pedal with a built in expressor pedal onboard so i dont hafta buy more stuff to go with it lol the original 505's expressor pedal costs 50$ extra! so im cutting out the middlepedal and going for simplicity lol
    thanks again!!!!!!

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Trippy, yeah bro that site is awesome...... I'm a drummer and get most of my stuff from that website also. My dad's been getting his stuff from that website and ebay too, everything has worked awesome so far.

Ebay is great in my opinion, thing is you have to read the description exactly as it is written. If they send you something that is broken then you can contact them and they will almost always refund you or something. And if they dont, and they are trying to be crooks then you can contact ebay and file a dispute and they will help you straighten it out with the seller. I mostly just get fishing gear off of ebay, find some great deals on old penn reels ;)

Later bro! :)

6. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hey no propblem there trippy!
    with ebay first thing you need to do when shopping there is look at thier feedback if there is a lot of negatives well move on lol. if they have a couple of negitives go read what they are you will be amazed at what some people will put down as a negitive. always make sure they have a good reutation first then look at the shipping costs. i am into rc planes and ive seen people selling kits there for more then retail and thier shipping is outrages. so you need to do your homework. wife has been a member for almost 8 years ive been one for 5 years and she only had one issue there ever and it was with a real idiot that didnt read the auction at all she had going. good luck i hope you find what your looking for. and Merry Christmas to ya.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, good tip Mutt! You need to check their feedback for sure! :)

8. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i forgot ebays sister site lol half.com im not sure if they have musical equipment but they sell games,books and electronics so it couldn't hurt to check right? lol

thanks again bro's i think i'll try ebay and see the last time i checked on there not too many effects pedals were on there but close to Christmas people are needing money so it might do me some good to check there,
    thanks again yall!!!!!!

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good luck, I hope you find a great deal on what your looking for! I'm a bargain hunter :eek: LOL, and love the feeling of getting something great for a awesome price!

Zakk :)

10. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i think halfcom may carry effects pedals heck it seems you can find everything else there. i know i got a great deal on my emeril cookbooks around 5 bucks of books new ones for about 17 bucks for the books shipped lol and all hard cover too. gotta love places like that.

11. Cat Tale

Cat Tale New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Trip you can find a bunch of stuff on EBAY.Just kinda wonder what effect you are looking for and why.Did you say Bass?Most cheesy processors do not work that well with Bass frequencies.I think I'd save the money,and practice more.Maybe I'm just old school but a real player doesnt need to hide behind effects to sound good.Check out Victor Wooten,Jaco Pastorious and cats like that.You will quickly notice there is alot that can be done with just 4 strings.Then try to do it.Oh yeah,good luck with that! :confused:

12. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    most of my stuff comes from either pawn shops or musicians friend.only thing i dont like about musicians friend is they try to hard to push thier epiphone guitars and what i really like about them is they carry alot of dime bag gear,i plan on getting one of them new Krank amps and another dean dime bag sig guitar,that slime bumble bee guitar looks awsome..but yea go check out pawn shops,you can find some great deals at em cause alot of people get into guitars and other instruments and get bored with em and sale em to pawn shops.good luck

13. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    i live 'bout 5 miles from MUSICIANS FRIEND clearence center store in Kansas city.They have bunches of effects/pedals on racks after racks.Since i'm a drummer,i dont know what does what.I know if i was a guitarist i'd be playin' a PRS or a custom Valley Arts from Nashville like my fellow bandmember perform on.GOD BLESS!

14. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

15. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    i live 'bout 5 miles from MUSICIANS FRIEND clearence center store in Kansas city.They have bunches of effects/pedals on racks after racks.Since i'm a drummer,i dont know what does what.I know if i was a guitarist i'd be playin' a PRS or a custom Valley Arts from Nashville like my fellow bandmember perform on.GOD BLESS!

REMEMBER:A fishermams just a jerk on one end of a line a waitin' fer a jerk on the other Roy D. Mercer[/QUOTE]

16. snakecotc

snakecotc New Member

State:
    newark, ohio
    try music go round. they have stores all over the place and they are a used gear dealer. their website is musicgoround.com. you can search individual stores on their site. good luck.

17. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    they still have MUSIC GO ROUND? they all shut down here in Kansas City

REMEMBER:A fisherman is just a jerk on one end of a line a-waitin' fer a jerk on the other.......Roy D. Mercer

18. snakecotc

snakecotc New Member

State:
    newark, ohio
    as far as i know they are still around. i bought a head there not too long ago.