Need input on daiwa baitcasters

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by katfish ken, Jan 14, 2009.

1. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'm wondering if anyone uses Daiwa reels comparable in size to a 6500 Abu?? And what your opinions of them are?? Thanks in advance for your input.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Danny has that Millionaire. Its about that same size. Its a nice looking and casting reel but I'll stick with the Abu's.

3. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I've had a couple of the smaller Sealine reels and a couple of the Firewolf reels. These are more like the Penn line than the Abu, given their construction and features. I have been more than happy with any Daiwa product that I've owned. I actually sold the Firewolf reels last year and have regretted it since then. Good basic reels and they had a pretty good clicker on them too.

I had a couple of the Millionaire Classic 300 reels that came out last year and they were very smooth reels. Casted well and very solid feeling retrieves. The clicker was pretty weak though, maybe even weaker than the ones on the Abu 6000 series reels. I think that the line capacity on the Millionaires is a little optimistic. They seem a bit on the small side to hold more line than the Abu 6000, which to my eyes is exactly the same size.

I've always liked Daiwa products and have never had any issues with any of them.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thanks for your input.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had a million bought used...didnt last me a season chuking lead/bait on the sipp but to tell ya the truth I didn't care fer it and I broke it so I dont think I will ever own one again it coulnt hold-Penn or Abu here

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    From what I'm hearing I guess I'll just stick with the Abu's.

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    These are my setups, I've been fishing the CV-X model over 10yrs now and they have performed as well as any ABU I have fished along side of them with 0 problems and 100's of cats to their credit, That is why I bought the CV-Zs last year.each of these models have the wide spool with clickers.and all the guts to back it up.You would not be disappointed in one of these reels I guarantee it.:wink:

Daiwa Millionaire CV-X - 300A, 30# PLine Floroclear, #4-9 Gamakatzu Octopus.

Daiwa Millionaire CV-Z 300A, 30# PLine Floroclear, #4-9 Gamakatzu Octopus.

Daiwa Millionaire CV-Z 250A , 30# PLine Floroclear , #7-9 Gamakatzu Octopus.
    smaller spooled.

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Ken,
    I have about 3 of the Daiwa Millionaire 300 reels, and use them occasionally, I like them, haven't torn one up, seem to be OK for me. I have 20# mono on the one I use the most. Have landed fish in the 12-15# range, and they never knew the difference..
    I've not tried them with bass lures and such, but, I'd think they would be Very similar to the 6500 Abu I use for that....
    If you get a deal on one, I'd say get it, use it till it goes away, and you'll happy with it..
    Just my .02

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thanks guys for all the input.

10. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I found my first 27H at a garage sale last summer , they are no longer available new but i see them all the time on ebay for around half the original cost 40-50 bucks used and i loved mine enough to purchase a second . They were top rated reels in the day according to the bass pro repair shop guys and still considerd a top notch reel compared to many newer reels . Mine cast like a rocket and has a hell of a drag system mine will lock down and dead lift around 15# on my tiger MH . That was a 1 time test not recommended to lift with your reel as we all know but i was not getting the feed back i wanted from asking so i was forced to do my own testing of sorts to the best of my ability . It has a 1 oiece aluminum frame and end plates a good clicker and is a overall solid reel IMHO and also balances perfect on my MH 7ft. ugly cat . i will be purchasing more of them in the future as i collect more channel cat rods , i have that much confidence in them . FYI bass pro said mine was well used (not pretty) but mechanically near perfect even though they said it was well past maintenance time but that and i quote "they were built to last" and although my native waters hold only channels that i could fish much bigger harder fighting fish and the only concern there would be watch the capacity if targeting larger salt water quarry .