Need information on fishing small kansas lake?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by jrw, Aug 31, 2005.

1. jrw

jrw New Member

I was wondering if you all could tell me how i should fish kiowa state lake at greensburg ks. it is a small lake only 50 or 60 acres and the max depth is seven feet i think. there are two fish feeders and i have seen people fishing around those. im new to catfishing so i would appreciate your help. thanks

also, how do i edit my profile?

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Welcome to the BOC. I live to far north east to to have fished that lake.Best i can tell you is to try different baits and spots in the lake.

3. jrw

jrw New Member

Thanks for the welcome Dale! what lakes do you fish?

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    JRW. i fish Milford, Tuttle creek , the Blue and Kansas rivers mostly.

5. jrw

jrw New Member

I have never been fishing that far east. Get to cedar bluff once in while but mostly fish these little mudholes in sw kansas.

6. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i fish a little lake in johnson county in eastern kansas and we catch a bunch of eaters around the feeders.

7. catfishguy7

catfishguy7 New Member

i would try by the feeders if that doesnt work find a cove and throw up against the bank...take a bunch of diff baits....chicken liver,cutbait,worms,shad,powerpait, just try out lots of bait.. move around alot unless u find a spot that is working really good ...goodluck tell me how u do

8. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    I would try to find out when the feeders go off usual in the moring, midday and sometime in the evening is how kdwp sets them. But try differents baits one your poles and keep track of which one produced the best hits on that bait.

9. jrw

jrw New Member

thanks for the info guys! i havent been able to make it down there for awhile but ill tell u how i do when i go. :0a31:

10. jrw

jrw New Member

Hey guys, 1 more thing, is it best 2 fish on the bottom or top orjust off the bottom or where? i suppose ill jus hafta experiment with that too huh?

11. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Most of the people I see fishing around the feeders in the state lake are fishing under a float. I don't fish there for cats, just gills for bait.Most of the cats in it here are in the 2 to 3lb range.

12. jrw

jrw New Member

havent had any luck yet but i dont think anyone is :sad:

13. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey jrw put a big blob of stinkbait on a looper rig and throw it down that big well.Then watch out!!!!!! I dont Know anything about that lake. If it is silted in I would fish shallow edges around deeper water. And try to find cover/brush or rocks to fish around.

14. jrw

jrw New Member

might try that if i get a chance