Need info please

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by wielms6, Jun 25, 2007.

1. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    catfisher men from missouri coming to alabama july 6 dont know what to expect as far as big cat water

2. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    What part are you comming to? We have ROCKS, downed trees, cliffs, feeder creeks, deep holes, man we have it all!!LOL Let me know what part of the state you will be at and maybe i can help you more!!

3. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    going to mobile area what should i expect

4. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Dont know about that i am in North Alabama Sorry

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i live right across the bay from mobile. the cats can be real nice down this way. but right now you are better off to fish the top of the delta north. it has been so dry lately that you might wanna skip the delta and just go up one of the rivers (al or tom bigbee). expect to see sand bars- clay or chalk banks, deep holes, mud flats, feeder creeks, cypress swamps down timber, you name it. it is also a good idea to get a lil tide chart. the effects arent as dramatic the farther north ya go, but i think every lil tide change or water level change effects the fish. good luck!

j.d.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Brian welcome to the BOC!

7. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Where do you get one of those tide charts?

Dave

8. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    they have them for free at most all of the local bait shops(as well as maps)
    but your best bet is the sporting dept. of wallmart.

9. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    ya know... you would think I woulda thouhta that... hope that ain't my 'sign'... lol...

10. Harold

Harold New Member

State:
    alabama
    what part of al are you coming to -i fish the mobile,alabama,&tenn saw 30 to 50 #yellows 73 # blue this year

11. turkey22

turkey22 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I live in Fairhope. You better get close to I65 in the upper delta right now. I'm catching sharks around gravine island on my trotlines. We need some big rains to flush the salt water out. Oh and I'm talking about small sharks not man eaters LOL.

12. Rtpcat

Rtpcat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Turkey22,
    That would be freaking having a shark on your line. My son would think that is cool and daughter would be running. We would have to rearrange who gets to dip the fish. He hee

13. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    that salt water is somethin' else this year. i have heard that the blue water in the gulf is closer than it has been in years. i have pretty much given up on freshwater untill we get some serious rain. the bass bite is lousy and you cant chase the salt water trash fish off to catch a cat. but i have been killin the specks and reds around point clear. strange year.