Need Info Please.

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by MRR, Nov 9, 2009.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    At one time i was told it is illegal to use[Goldfish] for bait in Il.Then I heard it wasn't. Another member and I was going to go over by Mozier ,Il yesterday fishing in some bays but he was wanting to use goldfish.We didn't go cause he was afarid of gettiing caught using bait that is a no-no.So we just went on the big water instead.
    Sure would like an answer to this if anyone knows for sure.Legal or not Legal. Thanks in ADVANCE!!

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I had this same question, so I e mailed IDNR with the question. The DNR Conservation Police Officer who answered my question advised me that it is indeed LEGAL in Illinois to use goldfish for bait. Hope this helps.

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Been using them on the MO river for years and checked by conservation. They're legal for use in Mo. and can be found in many bait shops (kinda expensive now though). Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    May check some local fish stores and buy the smaller ones for good prices.:wink:

5. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    It is not illegal to use them for bait. It is illegal to put left overs in the body of water. As long as they are on you hook you wont have a problem. Local bait shops sell them and we use them all the time. DNR has even seen them in my boat and never said a word.

6. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Kudos to you guys for wanting to make sure it was legal... Looks like you can drown all the goldfish that you want in Illinois...tight lines bro :cool2:

7. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    You can use them dead or alive.