Need Info on Pittsburgh Area

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by rogers7, Jun 24, 2009.

1. rogers7

rogers7 Member

State:
    Stanton, KY
    Hey anybody got any advice where a good safe place is to bank fish around Pittsburgh???? The wife and I are coming up that way end of July for the FLW tourney.........looking at the map I saw a Point State Park(???)..is that area any good. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Didn't they learn their lesson from the BassMaster's Classic a few years back?

Kevin Van Dam won with a whoppin 3 day total weight of 14lbs and change!:crazy::eek:oooh:

Sorry I can't help you Chris, I live on the opposite side of the state.

3. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA

Yes he did, and he put a lot of hard work in to doing it because if you hit the Allegheny at the wrong time 14 lbs. in 3 days is a heck of a run lol. That being said, 9 times out of 10 we get in to smallies and catch limits that would have crushed KVD.

As for spots in Pittsburgh, unfortunately I don't fish that far down the river so I can't be of any help :sad2:

4. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    THe closest I get to the point is about 2 miles, and that is pretty rare. I usually fish more anywhere from like 4 to 8 miles upstream from the point. If you are willing to travel up the Allegheny some I can show you some very good, safe spots.

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,ll help you out with a few good spots when your in town.Your coming into the heart of the areas I know.:wink:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I hear ya! Gimme the right time of the year, I could get a limit of largemouth bass in the Skuke that would crush Mike Iaconalli and KVD together!:smile2:

7. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    going to probally be the same results this year.:smile2:

8. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Thats because theyre fishin for BAIT. The tour at the point is a joke. They would be better served to fish Moraine or Keystone or Raystown. Actually, I take that back. If they fished it in May or early June, it would be feasible, but not mid summer.

9. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I dont pay ANY attention to bass tourney fishing, but do they ever hold them at lakes? If so, why don't they ever hold one at Raystown? I think Morraine would be too small of waterbody to hold one on; the area of water they can fish for the FLW is HUGE. I was looking at the website earlier...

10. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    hey chris, first welcome to the boc. now about the burgh what part of town are you staying in. in the west you have the ohio river thats where i i fish i know about 4-5 spots that have been good for me. on the east is the allegheny i only know about 3 spots over there and the one is a good spot but i never go there with a gun on me. and the mon river is the only river i never fished i'v been wanting to but just haveing yet. let me or one of us know when you come up someone on here will give you more detalis on a spot. the three rivers has some big cats and around that time might be when there just comeing out of spawn and biteing again. like i said let us know when you'r comeing up and i or someone will let you know....justin

11. rogers7

rogers7 Member

State:
    Stanton, KY
    We are staying downtown..I believe right around the 6th street/Ave Bridge. Will be there on 31 Jul, and probably heading out 2 Aug to go to WV to hit the whitewater, and possibly fish too.

I try to fish where ever I go....it relaxes me and I get bored real easy otherwise..lol.

Chris