need info from petersburg area pls.

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by river scum, Mar 21, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    what can i expect to find on the river around petersburg? what is the river like, depth and bottom wise. also what would a guy expect to catch on a good day? any concrete ramps there?

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what you doing all the way down in petersburg? thats just 45minutes from my house but i have never fished that area.. but it is supposed to be a shallow running sand bottom river in that area!!!

3. atvracer

atvracer Member

State:
    IN-47501
    River scum,

there is a public ramp at Petersburg near the state road 61 bridge. The river is pretty navagatable down there until it falls to low levels in late summer. There is also a ramp at Washington and Hazleton but are 8-11 miles from Petersburg. The river for the most part is sandy or muddy bottomed. I fish the Hazleton area and it can be 15-20 feet deep in the channel. A few spots I fish at is 40-50 ft deep at railroad overpasses. Google Earth is very good at looking at the river without being on it. There is an abundance of channels,blues, flats and perch. Also you may catch some Sturgeons as well.

Attached Files:

4. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Jason Welcome to the BOC.

BIGCAT GarryEads

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    welcome aboard Jason.

thats pretty deep for such a skinny river! bet there are some hogs in those depths.

thanks for the input guys,anymore on the catch size would be greatly appreciated!

tim

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    nobody else in this area on here?

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter New Member

State:
    indiana
    This is just a few miles down river of where the east and west fork merge together. Very good fishing in the winter by the power plant. nice warm water area in winter. If you go on up river a bit Washington has a ramp on the west fork. It is more of a mud / sand bottom. mainly cats and turtles. If you split off onto the east fork and go upriver it is more rock bottom. Good cats, gills, bass, crappie, lots of nice big sanbars for overnighting too.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

That small river there are infested with small channel cats and carp. Cut bluegill will get you a grindle or two.

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Forgot to mention the carp and gar on both forks too.

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'm 2 hrs away!:wink:

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    damn, thanks David thats the info i was looking for. lol:roll_eyes: