Need ideas

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Mi11er, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    We are having a party, well more like a shindig, and I need some snack ideas. I love rotel dip, but we have that everytime. Just needing some quick hourdourves(sp?) that are new.

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I sometimes take 2 cans of the starkist lump crabmeat and mix it with about a half a bottle of good cocktail sauce. Then pour over a couple blocks of cream cheese and serve with ritz crackers.

Also make up some meatballs or get the store bought one's to save time and throw them in the crockpot with a bottle of chili sauce and a small jar of grape jelly. Folks seem to like these.

3. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    fried mice... aka cheese stuffed fried jalepenos or
    stuffed jalepenos smoked on the bbq pit.

hot pepper jelly poured over a brick of cream cheese/crackers

lil smokies weenies in bbq sauce in a crock pot

meat and veggie mini kabobs

hot wings

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks for the ideas, keep em coming

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Quick easy and people love em...

the lil smokies that Bear posted in BBQ sauce...

Also...a big pack of the premade frozen meatballs ( or can make homemade, but the frozen ones go well!) in BBQ sauce.. This and the lil smokies can be done in crock pots, and very simple...dump it in there and walk off, when it's hot it's done! Walmart and Sam's both have these big bags of the meatballs

A toothpick with a chunk of ham, sweet pickle and chunk of cheese...easy and gone in minutes.

Soft burrito shells with cream cheese spread on them and then slices of deli thin cut ham on them, roll up and cut in bitesize pieces, put a tooth pick through em! ...These go real quick too and are quick and easy. I'll think on some stuff too. We do this at school ALOT, just a bunch of us bring this kinda stuff and gather at lunch and eat together every now and then.

Strawberries or other fruits dipped in chocolate, also pretzels dipped in white and milk chocolate. OR just fruit with the fruit dip you can pie at Sam's or wal mart...

"Fruit" Pizza made of fruit with the fruit dip as the sauce and the fruit on top...Kiwi, Strawberry etc...Made right prior to guests arrival though...goes VERY quickly.

6. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    the thin tortilla shells are actually better for that but seen em done both ways, I like it with the thinner flour tortilla shells. I can't spell it :/...heck can barely say it! LOL!

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My recipe for the hot dried beef spread is on pg 2 here,Its great on ritz crackers,pretty quick and easy to make too.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Pigs in a blanket. Ya can make different ones. Cheese, smoked, hot links, beef, turkey....have a few different dips and your set. Mix it up with other recipes here and BAM!!

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    A tray of fried frog legs with hot sauce is always a good conversation starter...:wink::smile2:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I totally agree with the l'il smokies....in fact, you can use plain old hotdogs and they'll still be good; cut 'em up into bite size pieces. I do mine in apple jelly/mustard. Horseradish mustard is good, two parts jelly to one part mustard. Put 'em in a crockpot 'bout mid afternoon on low, for an evening party.

Finger sandwiches made with Kathryn's veggie spread.....you can find the recipe under the title "TDawg I FOUND it!" in the Diner. Least I think it's still there. It's great on crackers as well.

Don't think you can go wrong with boiled/steamed shrimp and cocktail sauce, but sometimes that gets expensive.

I say mini Thai chicken kabobs. I think that recipe is around here somewhere. It DOES take a bit of work, but everyone loves 'em. Don't let folks who are allergic to PB eat 'em though.

A vegetable tray with "homemade" ranch dip.....buy a packet of Hidden Valley and some sour cream, the package will tell ya how to do it. :wink:

Throw in some crunchy chips of some sort on the side. I like tortilla chips. With all that other stuff, ya don't need to worry 'bout a dip for 'em really, but provide salsa or cheese dip if you so desire. TX caviar is one of my favs.

Hmmm....will people be drinking alcohol at this party? If so, no need for sweet stuff.

If not (and I usually end up wanting something sweet) I'd suggest some cheesecake triangles/bars. PM me for the recipe.

11. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Just a good old fashioned cheese ball, with triscuit and other types of crackers is well recieved. Put a jar of dried beef cut in small pieces in it and it's great!

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    deer steak cut into small pieces wrap bacon around stick a tooth pick thru it to hold bacon bake them in bbq sauce - chicken liver wrapped in bacon and baked these are good

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks all for the ideas! Had a great party, had meatballs in alfredo sauce and little smokeys in BBQ sauce and plenty beer:eek:oooh: I am feeling it:beat_brick:. Thanks agian.