Need Hunting area

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by FishMan, Aug 19, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Guys I need somewhere to deer hunt. Rifle or shotgun, I would even but a bow. I take good care of the land, am respectful to others and know how to follow instructions. I have a motorhome so can travel to hunt. I haven't been able to hunt in the last 15 years and it seems hunting has changed. It is now difficult to gain entry, When I last hunted farmers and land owners wanted folks to hunt their deer.
    I have put on to much weight from medications so I won't be climbing trees. I guess I will try a ground hide. I see many kinds of blinds being used on the TV. Has anyone had experience with any of the blinds.

Like I said it has been 15 years since I have been able to hunt so if anybody has any information I might need or some good advice please speak up. Heck I don't even know if I remember how to field dress a deer but maybe it will be like riding a bike.

I do know one thing for sure. The doctors said I was lucky to be here so I figure I better get busy living...LOL... Thats how I found the BOC and the folks here have really help me become motivated.

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Please fell free to private message me. I guess we shouldn't speak about hunting spots with almost 8000 people listening.

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Danny, I am glad you will get to hunt this year. I don't have any private land to hunt from myself. I hunt from public land(daniel boone national forest). If I did have land, you would be more than welcome to hunt. As for the ground blind hunting, i have got 4 or 5 deer from them. Just make sure you are consealed well and don't move around much. I am sure that one of our BOC members will have some land to let you hunt from. Good luck and hope you get a record buck!!

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Great! Man this is really good to hear.You make me feel real good.I surly wish that I had some place to offer.The slick hair on a deer makes it one of the hardest things to manage when you are strong and healthy.You are going to have to do some planing.Deer or no Deer,it will be great to just get out.You have made my day a happy one.Go get em man! peewee-williams.

5. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    i can hook you up on public land if your willing to travel to the nothern panhandle of wv.