Need help

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by jms43, Dec 10, 2008.

1. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about taking a week long fishing trip this spring and I was wondering if it would be worth my time to spend it in OK. I've never fished any of the waters and I was just wondering how the catting was in the area. Any info on where to go, when to go, or any of the sort would be great.
    Thanks.

2. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Jon; There are alot of good lakes/rivers here, but of course I will recomend my home lake of Eufaula. Very good shallow bite then or below the dam as well.:wink:

3. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kaw Lake in North Central Oklahoma. There is a Corp of Engineer campground- Coon Creek - you can make reservations online.
    Juglines or pole fishing in the spring with cut shad is usually
    great.

4. DHR

DHR New Member

State:
    sallisaw,oklahoma
    robert s kerr is a good catfishin lake most of the year.........you sure have to watch for stumps though, you dont want to go rippin and tearin it has some shallow spots that could be holding a surprise.

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    If you are leaving from Missouri I'd try Kerr Lake. Send off a PM to 777 or Big Sam and they can hook you up. Good winter bite there.

6. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info guys!

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Robert S Kerr Lake and the Arkansas River between Muskogee and the Arkansas State Border is my favorite haunt. No matter when you come, the cats are biting.

There is a tremendous Blue Cat presence and lots of them 40 pounds and better. My PB that I actually weighed was 64. I released a much bigger one that I just couldn't lift into the boat, estimated 100 pounds or better. The big girls make their showing between Nov 15 and March 15.

Don't be shy... call me and we will wet the boat.

8. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kaw is good thru the winter. Blues average 4-14 pounds on cut shad. Some days the fishing will great and some days just real good. Try Washunga bridge or Coon creek area.

catman george