NEED HELP

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by 1phatcat, Aug 20, 2008.

1. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    Hi guys im new to nc and i live about 20 miles east of raleigh in wendell....im trying to find the closest place to me to catch some big flats an blues but im not sure there are any good places for 30+ pounders around this area any help would be great!!!!!!I have a boat with enough room for 2 if anyone knows a place and wants to go sometime thanks

2. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Can you get to the Neuse River?

3. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Either there, or the Roanoke, or even Lake Norman. Check out some of LakeNormanBlues reports. Oh and by the way welcome to NC and more importantly the BOC.

4. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    well the neuse starts at falls lake and runs right down through raleigh but im not sure that the big cats are up here.....norman is pretty far from here and im not sure how far the roanoke is

5. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    if they are like anywhere else in the neuse they will be big.

6. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    i hope they are up this far but i havnt heard much about them yet

7. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have no doubt if you are in the Neuse they are there.

8. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    neuse has big cats from milbournie dam(just above 64) all the way to new bern.....wont get 2 detailed here but from raleigh to smithfield it is canoe, small jon boat water...smithfiled to goldsboro is still jon boat water though i do know of several places when the water is low you will not get through the spot unless ypu have a jet drive.......goldsboro east is deeper ...for me the farther downstream you go the cats will generally be bigger but there have been some monsters caught upstream...mack