Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1991 Monark last winter. After taking it out 10 or so times the livewell quit working. It would work sometimes but then other times it wouldnt. Then i realized when the livewell would work, the bilge pump wouldnt. But, when the Bilge pump worked, the livewell wouldnt. Im guessing its in the wiring or switches. Im pretty dumb with this kind of thing, anyone have any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,361 Posts
If you can get to the wires, I'd trace both sets of wires (bilge pump and well pump) back to the switches. Check the connections at the switches for corrosion or loose wires. If you can see where the ground wire goes to, check your grounds for the same thing, loose/corroded connections.

If you have a meter or a test light (you can probably pick up a test light for less than $5 if you don't have one) and check your switches to make sure the switches are working.

Tough to diagnose over the PC, but what I've found for electrical issues is to start at one end of the circuit (pump or switch) and follow it to the other, checking all wires and connections in between.

You may also want to check if either or both of them are on float switches. My bilge pump has a float switch installed and also has a manual override in case the float switch goes bad. Good luck with it!

Branden
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top