Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved here about 14 years ago and have to find a great catfish spot...I live in Gilbert and was hoping that some one can point me in the right direction. I've been going to Saguaro Lake for many years fishing off the docks. many times the #s are there but not the size. any help would be greatly appreciated

Jvann

· Banned
1,183 Posts
I moved here about 14 years ago and have to find a great catfish spot...I live in Gilbert and was hoping that some one can point me in the right direction. I've been going to Saguaro Lake for many years fishing off the docks. many times the #s are there but not the size. any help would be greatly appreciated

Jvann
If you can pack your gear and be at my house (Crismon & Baseline) in 1 hour, you can run with us to the Gila River. We usually fair well there. 602 315 4189

G

·
I'd love to but gota work today im looking at going out in a week or so...thx
Are u looking Channel Cats or Flats ? Do U have a boat ? there are some spots around to fish from shore around here rob would need to explain those spots.. If u have a boat Rosevelt is good for Flats as well as Bart.. Channels i would stick to suargo lake as there are some big channels in there as well as roosevelt.. lower salt has some spots that rob can tell u how to get 2..

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are u looking Channel Cats or Flats ? Do U have a boat ? there are some spots around to fish from shore around here rob would need to explain those spots.. If u have a boat Rosevelt is good for Flats as well as Bart.. Channels i would stick to suargo lake as there are some big channels in there as well as roosevelt.. lower salt has some spots that rob can tell u how to get 2..
THX...I don't have a boat (yet)...I'd like to get into some flats..I've had good to partly cloudy luck @ Saguaro but all 3-5lbs channels.. and the last 2 trips totaled 2 fish.. thinking about doing an overnighter @ roosevelt (rent a boat overnight) soon

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Welcome Josh to the site! You will start catching cats if you stay on this site. The group will give you all the help you need!
Tim, Regarding the get together at the river, what are the dates and location, please post. I had a bunch of stuff going when it was first announced thanks, Mike

· Registered
301 Posts
hi there,

the gathering dates are may 19 thur 23. folks will start showing up mid week.

place is mayflower park on the cali side. good camp ground with hook ups and showers.

if you go to the gathering section there is way more info.. sat is the day that we have the pot luck.

good times. hope to see you there.

· Banned
216 Posts
If you can pack your gear and be at my house (Crismon & Baseline) in 1 hour, you can run with us to the Gila River. We usually fair well there. 602 315 4189

i said it befor
WHEN U GOOOOO CALLL MEEEE SOOOO I CAN GOOOOO TOOOOOOO
WHY CANT U CALL CUZ MY ACCENT, CUZ MY POLITICAL ORIENTATION OR WHATTTTT IT IS. WHYYYYY GOOOD WHYYY ME I HAVE TO ISOLATED FROM ALL THIS GREAT FISHERMEN AND NOT TO BE ABLE TO GO WITH THEM

· Registered
826 Posts
Josh for starters the rig is key...at least 20lb test line use a sliding sinker rig with a 2oz sliding sinker a swivel and 2 feet of leader and at least a 5/0 hook. Use live bluegill or a chunk of carp. This will work from shore too fish bartlett or pleasent or roosey. Catch your gils during the day and start fishing flat in the evening through the night til light. keep your gils alive in a floating bait basket. good luck!

· Banned
1,183 Posts
i said it befor
WHY CANT U CALL CUZ MY ACCENT, CUZ MY POLITICAL ORIENTATION OR WHATTTTT IT IS. WHYYYYY GOOOD WHYYY ME I HAVE TO ISOLATED FROM ALL THIS GREAT FISHERMEN AND NOT TO BE ABLE TO GO WITH THEM
I wanted to check out the Gila before inviting you four hours from your house! You are ALWAYS welcome with bro, promise you that.

· Registered
3,166 Posts
i said it befor
Relax man, no one cares what you sound like or what ur political beliefs are. Rob does but he is fat and smells like burnt green chillies!LOL

· Banned
1,183 Posts
i said it befor
Plus, I aint all that good of a fisherman. I have money on you, that you will catch th biggest fish of the year in the yahoo club, don't dissapoint! You are extremely knowledgable, and when you speak I listen hoss.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Josh for starters the rig is key...at least 20lb test line use a sliding sinker rig with a 2oz sliding sinker a swivel and 2 feet of leader and at least a 5/0 hook. Use live bluegill or a chunk of carp. This will work from shore too fish bartlett or pleasent or roosey. Catch your gils during the day and start fishing flat in the evening through the night til light. keep your gils alive in a floating bait basket. good luck!
I've got the rigs set up right just havent found the spots..i use 65lb power pro 2-3oz sinker 5-8 hooks and use blugill and shad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.