Need Help......

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Dirtman, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello,
    I have not been fishing for catfish and big game fishing for few years,over five years ago,well i have decided to start fishing for cats again and the past few days my timing has been so bad on trying to set the hook,its pretty sad. Tonight we were out fishing and i had three hits were it moved the pole off my tackle box and i could not even get a chance to hook it,So im asking for some advice on catfishing again.:sad2:

Also i ordered a new Ugly Stick 7 foot pole and a zebco hawg seeker reel.Hope its a good combo,Im not fishing for monster cats just the 10lbs to 20lbs or smaller .

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    May I suggest a good rod holder. :wink: No sense donatein your new stuff. LOL!

3. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Could you point me link to a rod holder for bank fishing?

As i hardly get to fish from boat anymore,Im limited to bank fishing now of days,

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    try using circle hooks, they'll set themselves ,welcome to the boc Bret.

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. Check the library for ideas on rod holders. Stay safe and good luck!!!

6. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    by the way happy birthday George. what r u 51 now?:smile2:

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
  8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    also try and set your drag real loose so the fish can pull line out, that will keep ya from donating a pole to the river, circle hooks are another good choice but take a little bit of practice on how to use them, ya don't really want to try and cross their eyes with these hooks or you'll pull the bait out of their mouth, these hooks will set them selves when the pole loads up, hope this helps :wink:

9. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    good rod holders and some 8/0 circle hooks and le the rod do the work for you.in the rod holder and wait for that baby to load up and the hook will stick them.

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member