Need help with Roosie, please

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tdpasser, Mar 17, 2009.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Roosy/upper salt can be tough with high water. There are a lot of stick-ups every where but if you paint the main channel of the river which is pretty clear of structure anchor up and toss out a bluegill. The lake has huge flatties. Give extra time for catching bait sometimes roosy can be tough on the bait gettin. Good luck. td

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Terry's right, Catching bait can be frustrating some times. But, when you do get them, they are usually a good size..

* I would target flats on the salt, go up the river quite a ways.. Look for abnormal holes and/or structure in or near the channel.. You should be able to find them both shallow and deep this time of year... When summer is in full swing, focus on shallow areas near deep water..

* I have personally done really well across the lake from windy hill.. There are a lot of coves in about 20-40 feet of water right near deep water access... I have caught some nice flats and also some big channel cats there..
    * Good luck Pointer...

3. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    It's going to be a might chilly out there. Here's a link to the weather. Good luck!

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice. Questions for you>
    Did you end up fishing the salt river? How deep were your bites? What was the water temp?
    Thanks~