Need Help with Lowrance LMS 160 gps/sonar

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by RiverKing, Sep 11, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    My buddy has a Lowrance LMS 160 depth finder/GPS...He said it was like 700.00 brand new about 4 years ago, but he lost his transducer, and he has money, so he bought one of the high dollared color units, and now the old one is just sitting in his garage, Anyways he said he will sell it to me for 40 dollars, I would just need to get a transducer.. But i cant find anything in regards to this particular unit on the Lowrance site...Has anyone ever heard of this unit or used it?? Is it a good one, or is it real outdated...Any thing is better than what i have now i gaurentee that..Any info is helpful

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thanks man, I gave it a look, looks like a decent unit, I am going to call lowrance and found out how much for a new transducer

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Matt read Ts post above.52$ for a transducer thats cheap enough for a good Lowrance unit.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Oh man,I didnt even see where it said 52.00 bucks, thats not bad at all..So i will end up spending around 92 bucks for a unit that sold for 600 or 700 a few years back

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Matt, I don't think you can go wrong with a deal like that.

st

7. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Matt (RiverKing): Does that price include the GPS antenna/processor? If it does you are getting one heck of a deal. IF not, and you want the GPS functionality you will may have to buy the antenna/processor and they can get a little pricey.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I am going to call him tonight and make sure, he said it comes with everything except the transducer...I guess he busted the trasducer off somehow ( rock, or bottoming out)...But he is a pretty good friend so im not worried about getting ripped off..