Need help with fishing spots

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jdloehr, May 17, 2009.

1. jdloehr

jdloehr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I went yesturday and caught one nice channel cat. I'm happy with that fish i caught but i know that it was just luck. How do i need to go about finding the good catfishing spots???

2. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i'm pretty new to finding the cats too but i always look for structure, dikes, log jams.....shallow flats next to deeper water. Sorry cant help you much but welcome to the BOC!:cool2:

3. jdloehr

jdloehr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ok i'll try to look for some of that kind of stuff. Any help is better than no help. Thanks James

4. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    You have stuff I don't have here.. specifically logjams. One solid theme for what to target no matter where you are..... target structure. If you have logjams or trees in the water or a barge or something fish all around it deep and shallow until you find the action.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    look for fishing reports in your area, carolina sportsman mag is a good place to start, local tackle shops, bait shops just mingle with the other fishermen, ask questions. dont be afraid of asking an oldtimer some secrets, those older guys will share more offen than the rest.

6. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i personally like to fish really rocky areas they usually produce bigger fish for me find the bait and you will find the fish

7. jdloehr

jdloehr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ok, find structure, structure, structure and a little bit more structure. Got it. There are a lot of bait and tackle shops and places where the older fishermen hang around with each other around here. Thats a really good idea. Thanks

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    matt well said ,i guess my question would be are you fishing lakes ,rivers,pounds?a little more info on the bodys of water you wish would help us to help you out a little more spacific.

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,d check out the fishing reports in your area.Check out the websites from your local fish&game dept.Also ask at the baitshops around where you are.They might not be able to pinpoint it for you,but they,ll give you some good general areas,they want you to come back.Best is the BOC local talk area for your state.It can,t be beat,especially for a newcomer.Once you get some ideas for a general area,you just gotta get out and fish them and see where you hit em at,:big_smile::eek:oooh::big_smile: