need help with bait tank

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by adam1886, Jun 23, 2008.

1. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    for those who have bait tanks, what do you feed your fish? right now ive got blue gill im trying to keep alive till saturday. also does it take a little while for them to start eating,after they get settled down?

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Dont worry about feedin em. I have kept them alive for over 10 days with no food as long as the other variables are dealt with. If you need to worry about feedin em, you aint fishin enough.:wink::smile2: If you feel inclined to give them a snack I would bet any regular fish food would work or maybe pieces of bread. I would focus on temperature, filtration and aeration and go fishin. Good Luck!

3. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    ok thanks. we will be using them saturday night. im keeping them in my room so i think the temp should stay good and ive got aerator goin so the oxygen should be good to

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I usally try to keep some in the tank all the time if possible. I have the kids pick up some red worms and crawlers every few days to throw in the tank.

If you feed them too often they dirty the tank up. I have fed them some kernals of canned corn also when no worms can be found. 1 or 2 kernals per fish will be about right. If you have a outside tank turn a light on above the tank at night and bugs will fall in and feed them.

5. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    You can feed them regular fish flakes or pellets.But I would feed them as little as possible cause it will dirty the water, and they dont need much.Depending on how many you have.I love keeping bait at the house and miss my tank badly.It was fun just to go out and feed them in the after noons.Ive kept river goldfish,carp,blugill,and tilapia for flathead bait.
    Here are some preveous residence of my old bait storage.
    Bill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/woodchucker/100_1599GOTBAIT1.jpg?t=1214346542

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/woodchucker/100_1597Bunchofbait.jpg?t=1214346648