need help with a wild rose

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by smokey, May 25, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When we bought our new house we had this "wild rose" you know little roses that climbs.It had been there for 17 years. We have cut and dug,dug and cut,but the dang thing keeps comming back. How do we get rid of it?Any ideas?thankx
    smokey

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Joe 2,4-D does a great job mix it up and soak it down with it. That is how I got rid of the bunch I had in the river bottom. Shoot I dug them up with the Trackhoe and they were back the next year. Sprayed them down with 2,4-D and they were gone.
    That or the Co-Op at Savannah has some Super Brush Killer it will kill it. But the 2,4-D does not kill Grass so if you use it, and get it on the grass its safe.
    Pete

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Joe if its especially stubborn cut it down,then swab the stump ends with the mixture. Roundup Brush formula will do the trick this way too.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    joe put a ring around it to stop it spreading add a trelis and let it climb their beautiful.

5. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    You can use round-up shrub formula. Do not cut the bush before you use it. In order for it to work properly the plant needs to absorb the round-up and carry it through out its system and down to its roots. You may want to reapply every day until the plant is completely dead.