Need help with a ambassadeur 7000c3i

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by lj catman, Aug 5, 2007.

1. lj catman

lj catman New Member

State:
    la junta,colorado
    just got my abu garcia ambassadeur 7000c3i today fill it with 20# berkley big game line. till i learn how to cast it better than i'll put 80# power pro on it. I have a ambassadeur 6000 reel and know how to cast that good and know how to adjust the mechanical brake on it . here's the problem i tryed adjusting the mechanical brake on my new 7000c3i and the line just rolls off it with my 4oz weight what's worng that i'm doing any help will do and also they send me a bag of srcews , plastic little sleeves and a black thing that looks like a clamp i hope they don't expect me too put it on. I wish they wounld send a better manuel for it showing me how to put it together. thanks boc brothers

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The spool break on the 7000ic3 is on the left side of the reel, the one next to the crank handle is for keeping the spool in line.
    The bag of screws and black plastic pieces are the reel clamp that will hold the reel to the rod along with your reel seat hold down sleeve. the screws will have to be put in the reel before the line goes on.
    Put the srews in the reel from the top, threw the square holes in the base of the reel, put a nut on both of them and tighten them down. Now you are ready to clamp it to the rod, add the black clamp looking piece to the screws from the bottom and put the capscrews on and tighten them down. These clamps will save you from loosing your reel should the rod snap at the reel seet of the rod. Now all you have to do is add the line of your choice.

3. lj catman

lj catman New Member

State:
    la junta,colorado
    thanks dreadnaught but want does the spool in line mean and what about the four little white plastic sleeve's can someone show pictures of wre they go

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Alfred,
    The little white sleeves are brake blocks; Don't worry about them for the time being, just keep them where you can find em. To expand a bit on what JW said, the knob on the handle side of the reel should be screwed in fully. It locates the spool side-to-side. If I have time later on I will blow one of mine apart and take some pics ...W

5. stuart

stuart New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Just got mine a couple days ago. Plan to see how it works this weekend.

Stu

6. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    It is hard to understand what you are trying to say. There are centrifugal brakes that can be adjusted my removing the crank side plate.

Is your drag loose?

7. MilitaryCatfish

MilitaryCatfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    To expand on some of the questions that were asked.

I own two 6000's and was doing maintenance on one of them after I got sand in it (never a good thing). After cleaning I reassembled it and low and behold the brake blocks (little white sleeves) will not allow my reel to work smoothly.

I can not seem to get them anymore towards the center of the spool to disengage them.

Do I really need these and what do they do for me?

Thanks this page has been a huge help.