NEED HELP WITH '86 CHEVY P/U FLOOR FIX

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT-(2), Mar 4, 2009.

1. '86 CHevy P/U floor broke at seam w/drivers dside rockr panel. Has any body fixed this before? The rest of the floor is fine. It looks like somebody replaced the rocker panel, but underneath, the inside panel is missing. It is jus the outer panel. I was going to put a piec of angle in, but just wanted any ideas before I start ripping itno this project.:sad2:

2. BACKWOODSBOY350

BACKWOODSBOY350 New Member

State:
    COLORADO
    GO TO LMCTRUCK.COM AND ORDER A CATALOG ITS FREE AND AWSOME THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    They do have it all , but the prices are high as heck . Im the kinda fella to hit the junk yard first . If it was me I would cut the section from a junk truck then weld it in .

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    most trucks in those years will be just as bad or worse and the parts he need are less than $40 new... j.c.whitney has lots of parts for your truck also...

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have made floors out of 55 gallon barrels,,, the steel in them is about the right gage to shape,,, lol lol that is what I have used on old Chevy's. I have an old Dodge I used fiberglass on a floor fix.

The main thing is whats the truck used for,,, if it's a show/go to church on Sunday truck ,,,, fix it right,,,,, If its a work/farm truck, get a barrel or fiberglass,,, get out the wire welder and put in that angle iron, get it to work,,,,

If you get too much give in that cab,,, you will be like a friend of mine,,, he had a screw driver threw the rain drip deal above the door,, to hold the door shut. lol lol ,,, he would have to roll down his window and reach up and remove that screwdriver to get out, lol lol That was on a Chevy 3/4 ton about a 1970 or so,, that old style rounded body. lol