Need help / where to fish on this lake

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by toddrod, Jul 7, 2006.

1. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    I would like some fishing help. The lake near my home is only 6ft deep in the middle and 3ft on the edges. There are 2 large Bayous that are 6ft( I live in Louisiana) that drain into the lake from the west and 1 large bayou that is aver 14ft that drains the lake to the southeast. Almost the entire edge of the lake is flooded timber and broken marsh with large areas of hydrilla flats that are 2-3ft deep. My question is, would I do better with my jugs along the edges of the lake in or around the timber or try to fish the mouthes of the canals where they empty into the lake.

If you go to local.live.com and type in Bayou Boeuf, LA you can see the lake I am talking about. It's name is Lake Des Allemands. It is just to the north of Bayou Boeuf on the map.

Look at it and give me your opinions. If you use the Birds eye feature and zoom in you can see the details of the lake edges really well.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I you have enough jugs, try some in each place. the wind and current should move them to the fish. good luck.

3. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    Let me add this other information. I will be using anchored flagging jugs and there is really no percievable current in the lake except from the wind.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    In that lake I would floats and fish the entire lake

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

target different areas until you find the one that works best for you. set the lake up in zones and try a couple of zones everytime you go.