Need help please-Rental house!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by irishpride42, Jul 30, 2007.

1. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well the wedding is now only 2 months away and we have yet to find a place to live. We have decided not to buy because we don't want to buy one just for the sake of buying until we find what we want. Just curious if anyone knows of any houses for rent around the 40/42 area that aren't ridiculously priced? We are going to look at one today off of 10-10 but I don't know yet if they allow a dog. Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Ok call me dense but what is 40/42 area? Is 10-10.. ten ten rd area? I am confused and I am not ashamed to admit it. When we moved here to NC we hit the classified ads and found that most of the people were willing to neg. on pets, deposits and rent. We found a hole in the same area and then called the nicer place to let them know what we found and haggled the price. We also found that this is a lot easier with a company vs. an individual. We got really lucky and found a place in one day ( we only had 3 to look ). Since then we have bought a house but, had a good experience. Good luck

3. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I know a man in Clayton that has some rentals. I'll give him a call and see if he has any empty and let you know with contact info... I'll PM both here and NC :wink:angler..so you'll be sure to get it!

4. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina

40/42 is between clayton and fuquay, and 10-10 is ten ten rd lol
    Thanks!

5. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thank you very much!

6. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Even advice on if you think we should buy instead of rent that would be great to. Anyone I can talk to? Any trustworthy realtors? Anything at this point, we have looked at houses with one realtor but she hasnt gotten us very far.

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Advise on whether you should rent or buy is very difficult to do at best. A realtor is not the person to ask as they have a severe conflict of interest.
    The pro's to buying is that any improvements are yours, the building of equity, the respect of being a home owner. Some con's are that you have to pay for repairs, taxes, and insurance. Houses are not liquid meaning that if you need to move quickly, you may lose money.

Renting pros are that you can move on relatively short notice, you can sample an area to see if you like it, you don't pay for major repairs.

Con's to renting are, you are paying for your landlords future... of course you do that for your employer every day but folks like to push that image of the greedy landlord.
    You have no equity. With a lease, once it runs out the landlord can raise the rent, not renew the lease and force you to move, make you pay for damages, etc....

If I can help, let me know,

Shawn(Coshocton, Ohio)

8. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I don't know your background nor your fiancee's so I will be general in my statement. If either of you are new to the area or new to a job/career and/or if you have only been together 24/7 for a short time...RENT.
    Being soon newlyweds you may want to see how your needs/desires change over the next year before you commit to a purchase as well. This also gives you time to build "mutual credit" showing your history since marriage....
    You will be amazed how things change, both good , bad and indifferent as you are married and facing the day to day and melding lives. Even if you've lived together for quite some time.

*** My Clayton contact has no openings "anywhere you would want to live" but he is checking with some dinner/golf buddies for me....

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You'll have to get away from 40 and deeper into Johnston county for cheaper rent. The area you are looking at commands 600-700 a month for a singlewide trailer and they get it all day long.
    Cheaper rent is going to equate to a longer commute to the big city.

10. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina

Thank you very much as well as the rest of you! We actually spoke with a buyers agent today who is a great help and we are gonna buy I do believe.

As far as being together 24/7, we have lived with each other for more then a year so we know that will be ok lol.

Thank you again guys!