need help on tuttle!

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by flatheadcat4u, Mar 23, 2009.

1. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    id like to fish
    tuttle
    creek this week if any body wants to tag a long ill be going in the
    morning
    all this week
    I'm
    working mid night shift now :tounge_out: i need to get some cats in the boat :0a23: rip some lips :cross: and have some fun with your old buddy
    Mr
    cat:roll_eyes:

2. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    well i never hit tuttle this mour i went to kpl both lakes were rooling hard had to look for fresh shad didnt find any had the rod in the shallow mud line for half hour no luck if the waves calm down maybe ill hit the lake today:roll_eyes:

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Head to the upper end...fish are shallow!

4. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    can you say swamp a boat :crazy: man i love kansas weather but im still alive and i have bait picked up sides and guts oh and rod holders 15 a piece x4

5. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    went on the blue today and got stuck where the blue meets the kaw man what fun dragging a boat off a sand bar in 46 degree water

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Well it dont beat getting stuck in 6" of water in 3' of mud in 46 degree water.

Went to Perry this morning and headed to the river.Vered to far to the east and was in mud.

Having a 19' deep-V stuck is the shits.Heated the motor up so bad the alarm went off and it shut the motor down.Just lucky I didn't burn it up.
    Being I'm the captain of the ship my 1st mate Larry from colorado was willing to strip down to his shorts and push us out of over 50yrds of mud up to his croch.

After pushing us out he had filling back in his feet after about only 30min.:smile2:Then he started catching catfish.His biggest was 4lbs.

It was a hell of a day one not to forget soon:smile2::smile2: for him anyhow.

So I know how you fill Nate,,its been a while since I have been stuck this bad.

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Must be something with guys named Larry. Last year at a tournament on Milford my partner Larry had to push us off the mud twice:smile2:. The first time was real bad. Hit the shallow mud flat at 30 mph. We were stuck pretty good! At least the second time I stripped down and helped:smile2:.

8. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    well today i didnt get stuck and i caught two blues in the cast net at milford it was like a sheet of glass when i got there within a hour i had chop coming in and i tore up my prop some more i thank ill stay home tomorrow:roll_eyes:

9. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    at least you caught some fish

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Welcome to the boaters world Nate.Get use to it.You will get stuck and tear props up and hit under water structure on all these lakes.Just take it easy in the upper part of the lakes until you get to know them.
    Oh and carry a spare prop at all time's for the big motor and the troller:smile2:

11. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    ive chewed up my prop up twice so far,slamed my boat in to docks and rocks got stuck twice and broke my trolling motor casing but im still smiling :roll_eyes:

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sounds like your breaking in your new Polor-craft real good.....:roll_eyes:

Its going to look like a cat boat real soon..:smile2::smile2:

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan

Larry is the one I blamed for me doing this bone-head move yesterday.:smile2::smile2:

I forgot to mention that I bent the prop and I had about 100 lbs of mud in the back of the boat.Took 4 dollars at the car wash just to get it back to where you could tell what kind of motor it was.

The only thing I forgot was to get a picture of Larry pushing..:smile2::smile2:

14. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    ha ha i didnt get any mud in the boat but some sand now i just need some slime:smile2:

15. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Glad I didnt go with ya Tom.:wink::smile2:
    Yall been havin some adventures and the season has barely started.:crazy::smile2:
    Boatin, or shall I say Floatin, on my river here I know all too well about gettin stuck.:sad2: Thank God as soon as I get out of the boat it floats again and all I have to do is pull it to deeper water.:smile2:
    I can do this one handed.:cool2::smile2:
    Next time GET PICS.:smile2:

16. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    sure will i hope to start bring a cam a long:roll_eyes:

17. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I was so P'ed that I didn't think to take any pictures..:confused2:

Wish i would of though.

It was a mess.Once we got back in a foot of water, had to take a screw drive to clean the intake of mud.Or I should say Larry did.:smile2:By this time he couldn't fill is feet..:smile2::smile2:

I thought I screwed the motor but this old 120 force is the best motor i have every owned.

It must be getting use to the crap I put it through:smile2:It has never left me stranded yet.....knock on wood:wink: