need help on a 209

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by Viksagogo, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Viksagogo

Viksagogo New Member

State:
    Washington
    I've never taken apart a penn reel before(or any other conventional reel for that matter:embarassed: ) and the bar you flip to let the line free-fall(not sure what it's called) wont stay on the brass fixture. i have no idea what to do and i stripped brass part when i tried putting it back on. It will still work if i put the drag down and let line out pull-by-pull but this takes forever. I'd like to fix it myself but quiver at ther thought of making the reel entirly useless. I need a step-by-step process on how to take it apart and how to repair/replace the brass part if necessary. P.S. how do you add pictures to posts?

:0a31:

2. Viksagogo

Viksagogo New Member

State:
    Washington
    Do to a recent addition to my vocabulary, i officially say the problem is the free spool

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    When adding a photo, there will be a paperclip looking thing at the top of the "field" you type in. Turn off your popup blocker, and click on that paperclip. You will then have a choice of where to pull your photos from your puter. Hope this helps!

Kenny

P.S.

Welcome to the BOC!

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I don't think you can post or look at pics until you have 10 posts.. Welcome to the BOC

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Youre absolutely right! Thanks for the correction!

Kenny

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Parker, go to the penn web site, there you can find schematics for all there reels.