NEED HELP!!!!!! Off center Baitcaster

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jmp172, Jun 30, 2009.

1. jmp172

jmp172 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just bought an ugly stick for my new baitcaster I had it on the pole and then came to realize that the reel is off center of the eyes it is tilted to the left of the eyes. I believe its not supposed to be like that but im not sure. Please clarify this for me. I have tried to make it line up with the eyes but I cant get it. So plz clarify this to me. Thanks

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Try repositioning the reel in the reel seat again. If it is still atilt, the reel seat must be the problem. You can probably return the rod and get another one. I've never seen an ugly stik do that, but there's always a first. I had a rod recently that the seat loosened up on for some reason; I could actually turn the rod inside the seat, so I trashed it. (Not an ugly stik, btw)

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Rusty!If the reel aint sitting in alignment with the eyes,then the rod is defective.Return it for another.Never seen this problem with an Ugly-stik,always a 1st though.:wink:.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rusty Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I agree with the other post. The reel seat is out of position. Return the rod.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, IL. You know what to do. Good luck.