Need Help Locating Parts

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by redticrunner, Jun 16, 2007.

1. redticrunner

redticrunner New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I am workin on my boat motor, 18 hp Evinrude, not so sure of the year model.....serial # E0008416, model # 25602E( its either E or L). Anyway, what I need is a head gasket for it. It is lettin water in on the top of my pistons. My question is...where around NE Miss/Tenn (local to us or online) can I find this part and how much should I be lookin to pay for it?. Another question I have is, how do I determine what year model it is? A lot of info is wore off therefore what info i have on it besides the #'s above is here say. I appreciate any help you can send my way.......Thanks

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Hershell, your motor will be older than 1980 according to the manual that I have. Back on Hwy 57 going from Pocahontas back toward Pickwick, there is a place on the other side of Big Hill Pond State Park where there are a lot of boats on the side of the road. The fellow's name is Ken Fortune and he can help you get just about anything you need for a boat. Just tell him Jim Marshall sent you. If you need more info as how to get there let me know.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    If you took that model number off the motor then what you have isn't an 18 h/p its a 25 h/p 1973 model. If you can't do any good where jim is talking about I'll look up the number of the gasket and you can go to any NAPA store and they can order it and get it in about 2 days.

25602e is a 1973 25 H/P evenrude

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Hershell that part number for that engine head gasket would be

Sierra-- 18-2962 You can order this from any Napa auto parts store

OEM # 322332 This one from a dealer or off the net

5. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Bubba, Thanks for the response....He has another motor he would like to know the year model on. The model # is 25453M, and the serial # E0001820, it has pull and electric start with elec choke from factory. this motor will need the same part also. We appreciate all the help.