Need Help Guys...where to order a rod?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by 10gaOkie, Jun 22, 2008.

1. 10gaOkie

10gaOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am wanting to buy a couple of Ugly Stick Catfish rods, in the 7 ft., 2-pc, MH.
    I have tried all my local shops including Bass Pro, Academy and Walmart. I have also tried online to order from Bass Pro, Cabelas and Dicks.
    Any ideas? This is a $29.95 rod and I just saw one like I wanted go for $53. on Ebay...is that crazy!
    Chris

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I sent you a pm

3. 10gaOkie

10gaOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kenny,
    Thanks for the idea, it was a good one. However, like everyone else, they only carry the one piece....darn. If I can't come up with something soon, I guess I will call Shakespeare and see what they have to say.
    Chris

4. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I have yet to actually see a 2 piece US in a 7 ft length...

If you find one, please post a pic or 2....

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    try wal mart.com . They have more items online than they do in the stores.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Try this web site.......www...................com...... I have 2 of the ugly stik 7' med/heavy 1 piece rods. I have never seen them in a 2 piece unless you get an 8' rod.:big_smile:

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sory bout that try .................

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Actually Shakespeare does make 'em. This thread got me interested to see how many types of Ugly Stiks are available, and there are a bunch! Went on the Shakespeare site, I believe the one Chris is looking for is model# UCSP 1102 70. I did some research online for you this afternoon Chris, and I did find some a few different places. All the prices ran between $42 and $45 though. How long ago did you purchase one for $29.99? :eek:oooh:

I will send you a PM, but you can also google Ugly Stik UCSP 1102 70. That's what I did.

9. 10gaOkie

10gaOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yes the 7' 2pc catfish casting rod exisits. I don't know why but it is not listed on the Shakespeare site. The model number is UCCA 1102 70. I have held one in my hand but never owned one. I have a Shakespeare Tiger 1pc and a Penn Mariner 1pc, both having plenty of backbone but I need to go to 2pc rods now. I no longer drive my pickup much, due to high gas prices, and the one piece rods don't fit in the trunk of my econmy car.
    Chris

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My poles are 7'6" and i fit them in my car.. I have a 2 door Plymoth Laser.. but I have seen the poles you are talking about... I actually seen two this evening at walmart but not sure as to what the price was..

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for the added info Chris. I didn't realize from your original post that you were looking for an US casting rod, since I normally fish with a spinning reel.

Shoulda known though, most of the catfishermen around here prefer baitcasters. :wink:

12. Redneck1

Redneck1 Guest

Do you have to have an ugly stick, because you can get the berkley big game rod at wal-mart in a two piece, and it's only $20. I have several of these rods and never had a problem with them. Just a thought

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    the only ones i seen were on a spincast combo maybe thats why they are hard to find...

14. 10gaOkie

10gaOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Lee,
    Yes, I am pretty much commited to only Ugly Stik rods. I have one, a Penn Mariner 3466C that is almost as good, but in their price range a Shakespeare Ugly can't be beat.
    Brandon,
    Thanks for the heads up on the combo. I went to my local Bass Pro shop and they do not have it. Maybe I can talk to them and get them to order one in for me. I have a lot of reward credit built up on my card. I found a Uglycat 2pc. rod on ebay and have it in the mail to me now. I still would not mind having a couple more.
    By the way, I can get my 7', one piece Ugly Tiger and my Penn Mariner in my car if I let the back seat down but I don't like having rods inside my car.
    Chris

15. TexDan

TexDan New Member

State:
    Texas
    I just got a 7' 2 pc Ugly Stick TIGER from the BPS. I like the looks of it a lot but it cost a little more than the regular Ugly Sticks. I really do like the Berkly Big Game rods a lot though for most things. That Tiger is going to be for heavy use. It is nearly perfect though...Soft tip with an extra strong back it is rated up to 50lb line and 1/2 to 6 oz lures.

16. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I use the bill dance river rod combo that bass pro sells,seems to be a pretty good setup for the $,the rod is a 1 piece 7footer and seems to have a really good backbone to it and the reel has the clicker option which is nice. using the 65 lb spyderwire you cant set the drag tight enough to break the line which i think is a plus,usually have to wrap line around a stick a few times in order to break it if i get snagged!!:0a26:

17. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I actually have two of these rods and I love them. I bought them at a local tackle shop but they were around 45$ each. I may be able to help you.

18. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    http://www.shakespeare-fishing.com/index_rods.html This link will take you to shakespeares site to all the catfish rods they make. They have a spinning rod in 7 footer 2 pc but the casting rod in 2pc is an 8 footer. I know the msrp on these is 29.99 but most shops charge more for them that I have seen. I could check my local shop for you and see if they still have them and maybe we could work somthing out on me sending you a pair if youd like. I love mine and there worth it.