Need help Great Miami River 6-30-2007 report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishinguncle, Jul 1, 2007.

1. fishinguncle

fishinguncle New Member

State:
    South Eastern Indiana
    I need some help from you guys...just getting backing into fishing after 20 years...

I need some help getting some flatheads...I went to Dravo last night and was skunked for the thrid time on this river... I have gone to fairfield water works, route 50 and now Dravo. In the last month with not a single bite.

I have used gills, goldfish and carp so far.

Any help you guys can give on honey spots would be appreciated...I am strictly a catach and release guy so need to worry about fishing pressure on any spots.

Thanks in advance guys...I've been trying to find a good spot for my nehew when he comes to visit for his birthday in August...he is dying for a nice size cat

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ty, i don't play the lotto and rarely play poker...but i have to say i'm all in right now! no one is gonna give you a honey spot on here. and if they say they are....your nephew is gonna be taking up another sport soon. just read the posts on the diiferent topics that interest you on flatheads.. then start to pattern what you read with where you are fishing. you will figure it out.. the info. for the most part is true and will help you. i'm a nice guy, but nobody wants people stomping in on there big flat spots..thats just the way it is....gettin my point? you will figure it out. good luck...rollo:big_smile:

3. fishinguncle

fishinguncle New Member

State:
    South Eastern Indiana
    Yep....I was afraid of that :sad2:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    don't get discouraged. i'm sure you will get help from someone who fishes that river. im just saying your probably not gonna get info. on the best place to go. just keep posting bro, and reading and you will feel the rewards from being actitve on here....the boc is a great site...:wink: rollo

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    do as much reading and scouting as you can. the GMR runs almost continually through heavily populated areas and gets hit REALLY hard. hate to say it but folks who have good spots are going to keep quiet about them. myself and my regular friends go to the point of dressing in black at night and using red filtered lights at our best spots. there are lots of places that have good fishing that are quite popular but there usually devoid of big fish due to folks removing them and not releasing and then blabbing about their catch to every known human in SW Ohio. this is an awesome site with priceless knowledge to be learned.

6. fishinguncle

fishinguncle New Member

State:
    South Eastern Indiana

Thanks Dink...I am going to use your stealth Ninja fishing techinque if I find a spot:smile2:

7. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    heres a great tip for you that should help you out,, im not exaxctly sure where i got mine, cause it was a while ago but you can get a map of the gmr for free in the mail. if you observe the map in your area, you can pick a section that isnt in any major cities and scout out that section and find any spots, log jams, holes any thing that you think would hold flats mark it on your map, my map is the second most important thing to me for flathead fishing( i wouldnt sell it for 500 bucks) right behind my canoe which is a great tool for scouting. but try to get yourself a map, then put some time into scouting, then put some serious time into fishing,, and sooner or later youll crack the code and you will be fully adicted,,
    best of luck,
    Larry

8. fishinguncle

fishinguncle New Member

State:
    South Eastern Indiana
    Thanks Bigfish...I just got the map from the Great Miami Conser. group last week, that and Google earth have help alot...still just having some trouble finding spots that don't look like private property.... I am going to keep trying.

9. rookie

rookie New Member

State:
    Mt. Healthy, Ohio
    Don't give up. I've been fishing a couple of miles from Dravo for the past few weeks and have come up with nothing also. I think it's just that time of year. I usually here good things about Dravo park, so I'd check back in a few weeks.

10. fishinguncle

fishinguncle New Member

State:
    South Eastern Indiana
    Will do Rookie...perhaps we can tag team it one evening