Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site, but have read a lot of information. I am wanting to make these rigs, that I think are called log lines, but could be wrong. I know they involve some kind of shock absorber, like an intertube, and you wrap the around logs in log jams to target big flathead. If any one knows anything about what I'm talking about and can show me a picture it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for something very strong for monster flatheads in logjams. thanks for any help, jt

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am new to the site, but have read a lot of information. I am wanting to make these rigs, that I think are called log lines, but could be wrong. I know they involve some kind of shock absorber, like an intertube, and you wrap the around logs in log jams to target big flathead. If any one knows anything about what I'm talking about and can show me a picture it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for something very strong for monster flatheads in logjams. thanks for any help, jt
welcome to the site!:big_smile:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
LIMB LINES is what i call them and you can get a video at megacat.com that covers all the basics
needed good hook
good line
nail and
a bungy cord is what i use
the rest is just basic like baite
for flaties live baite
channels whatever theyre bitting on
blues the same

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Jonathan, Welcome to the B.O.C.

I believe what your asking about is technically a limb line. It is usually made by tieing a long, heavy line to a limb (or log) and baiting it with a large bait for the flatheads. The inner tube comes in as a shock absorber. If you feel you will need a heavy shock absorber, cut a fat strip out of the innertube. You use the same line you tied to the log to tie to the tube, leave a large loop in the line which is longer than you can stretch the inner tube band. Then tie the line to the other side of the band. When the big fish is hooked, it uses it's energy stretching the band back and forth until its too tired. If it didn't have the band, the fish is subject to breaking the line, straightening the hook, or pulling the hook out. I am no artist, but it would look somewhat like this... soon as you have your 10 posts. LOL

Attachments

·
Floyd
4,927 Posts
Jonathan, Welcome to the B.O.C.

I believe what your asking about is technically a limb line. It is usually made by tieing a long, heavy line to a limb (or log) and baiting it with a large bait for the flatheads. The inner tube comes in as a shock absorber. If you feel you will need a heavy shock absorber, cut a fat strip out of the innertube. You use the same line you tied to the log to tie to the tube, leave a large loop in the line which is longer than you can stretch the inner tube band. Then tie the line to the other side of the band. When the big fish is hooked, it uses it's energy stretching the band back and forth until its too tired. If it didn't have the band, the fish is subject to breaking the line, straightening the hook, or pulling the hook out. I am no artist, but it would look somewhat like this... soon as you have your 10 posts. LOL

if i was going to do it i would use this tech.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
on the rubber dont know i use bungy cords just bend the hooks shut and tie off of them and on the other end we use 16penny nails to the log and hammer the nail in then bend the nail
the when we are done we pull the nails out
so as not to leave the mess
where we fish people leave junk all over the place and even there lines tied to the trees they make me sick
some people dont have any respect for our waters
who wants to see inner tubes and line just hanging off of trees or stumps

·
Registered
29 Posts
The ones we have used in the past are made with heavy duty line. I also use the innertubes off of a small tractor. The innertubes are about 24" long. We use about 12" of line on each end. We drive a nail into a log and loop one end on the nail. The other has the hook. Make sure you put your name, address on each line, I'm pretty sure thats the law.

We use these because people generally don't see these because they are under water. I've had fish stolen when they can see the lines. You might want to check because these logstraps and limblines aren't legal everywhere.

Good LUck

·
Registered
154 Posts
JTHomp,,,Here is my set/limb/log lines. I use camo braid line, 8oz weight, 18-20 in. black rubber strap(shock absorber) & 8/0 Gama circle hook or Diiachci 7/0 Circle Chunk Light hook(my fav).

I will try and make a picture??

Main line 6-10 feet long Shock absorber Line 8oz wt. line circle hook
-------------------------$$$$$$$$$$$$$-------8oz----hook

The line between the shock absorber and the weight is 6 inches, also 6ins. between between weight and hook.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
JTHomp,,,Here is my set/limb/log lines. I use camo braid line, 8oz weight, 18-20 in. black rubber strap(shock absorber) & 8/0 Gama circle hook or Diiachci 7/0 Circle Chunk Light hook(my fav).

I will try and make a picture??

Main line 6-10 feet long Shock absorber Line 8oz wt. line circle hook
-------------------------$$$$$$$$$$$$$-------8oz----hook

The line between the shock absorber and the weight is 6 inches, also 6ins. between between weight and hook.
sound like my rig have u seen jacks video

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.