need help for lakes

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by jerseycat9, May 19, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    line innew jersey mostly ifish in rivers but the state stocks over 100 different lakes in jers. but know ones fishin forem most lake lessthan 200acres need info on locations at diff. seaons if you guys could help id be much obliged

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Terry even though I'm in Texas I'm sure your fish will relate the same as Texas cats. Fish in the tember or on a clean sandy point. We fish in 2'-4' of water all year long. In the winter we will go a lil deeper but for the most part it's shallow water all the time. One of my fav. spots is a long point with a near by creek channel with tember on the end of the point. One side of the point is clean with no wood or weeds. I can throw out as far as ya can and still only be in about 8' of water. The other side is full of trees and again the water as far as ya can throw is only about 8' deep. The river channel is on the wood side of the point but ya need a boat to reach it. Out on the end of the point are trees and a creek channel. The trees come real close to the bank and the creek is about 30 yrds. from the bank. I have my best luck fishing the clean side of the point or on the end of it in the trees. This may be due to the wind. It always blows from the south which means the wind is blowing into the clean side of the point bringing the shad closer to the bank. I use shad and always catch striper and gar and cats. We also use alot of DK punch bait and catch the mess out of eater channels and some nice sized blues.
    Try fishing with a carolina rig on one pole and a cork (bobber) on another pole. Adjust the cork until ya start catching fish or switch it over to the other rig if that ones catching the cats.
    Good luck....

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    see i always thought to look deep first.we dont have many lakes with timbver but we sure got weeds how do the relate to weeds

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    unfortunately for us a lot like texas our lake are man madeBUT and i hate BUTS they clear cut most trees till they figured out it made for a good ecosystem